This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||April 2, 1949|
Tacoma, Washington, U.S.
|Education||University of Washington (B.F.A.)|
Pamela Reed (born April 2, 1949) is an American actress. She is known for playing Arnold Schwarzenegger's hypoglycemic police partner in the 1990 movie Kindergarten Cop and as the matriarch Gail Green in Jericho. She appeared as Marlene Griggs-Knope on the NBC sitcom Parks and Recreation. She is also well known as the exasperated wife in Bean.
Reed was born in Tacoma, Washington, the daughter of Vernie and Norma Reed. She received her B.F.A. at the University of Washington. Reed has been married to Sandy Smolan since 1988. Since 2004, she has resided in Hancock Park, Los Angeles, California with her husband and two children, Reed and Lily. On September 6, 2020, Reed's son and girlfriend welcomed a daughter, Zooey Rose Smolan. It is Reed’s first grandchild.
Reed earned a Drama Desk Award for the off-Broadway play Getting Out and an Obie Award for "sustaining excellence in performance in theater". She was a regular in the cast of the 1977 CBS drama The Andros Targets. She had minor film and television work in the 1980s. She won a CableAce Award for Best Actress for the HBO series Tanner '88 (1988). She also co-starred with Daryl Hannah in the film The Clan of the Cave Bear (1985).
Reed played Janice Pasetti in the quirky NBC sitcom Grand, and then played a judge and single mother in the short-lived NBC sitcom The Home Court. She has provided the voice for the character Ruth Powers in 3 episodes of the animated TV series The Simpsons and guest-voiced in an episode of the 1994-1995 animated series The Critic. She played a main role in Jericho and has appeared as the mother of main character Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler) on Parks and Recreation.
In 2005 Reed portrayed executive producer Esther Shapiro in Dynasty: The Making of a Guilty Pleasure, a fictionalized television movie based on the creation and behind the scenes production of the 1980s prime time soap opera Dynasty.
Reed has also worked for Storyline Online, reading Stellaluna.
|1980||The Long Riders||Belle Starr|||
|1980||Melvin and Howard||Bonnie Dummar|||
|1982||Young Doctors in Love||Nurse Norine Sprockett|||
|1983||The Right Stuff||Trudy Cooper|||
|1984||The Goodbye People||Nancie Scot|
|1986||The Clan of the Cave Bear||Iza|
|1986||The Best of Times||Gigi Hightower|||
|1987||Rachel River||Mary Graving|
|1990||Kindergarten Cop||Det. Phoebe O'Hara|||
|1992||Passed Away||Terry Scanlan Pinter|
|1992||Bob Roberts||Carol Cruise|
|1995||Deadly Whispers||Carol Acton|
|1997||Santa Fe||Nancy Vigil|
|1998||Why Do Fools Fall in Love||Judge Lambrey|
|1999||Standing on Fishes||Janice|
|2000||Proof of Life||Janis Goodman|
|2005||Life of the Party||Evelyn|
|2017||Outside In||Aunt Bette|
|2018||The Long Dumb Road||Dotty|
|2020||Language Arts||Sister Giorgia|
|1976||Spencer's Pilots||Susan||Episode: "The Hitchhiker"|
|1977||The Andros Targets||Sandi Farrell||Main role|
|1978||All's Well That Ends Well||Helena||TV film|
|1981||Inmates: A Love Story||Sunny||TV film|
|1983||The Mississippi||Paige||Episode: "Beyond a Reasonable Doubt"|
|1983||I Want to Live||Edie Bannister||TV film|
|1983||Heart of Steel||Valerie||TV film|
|1985||Scandal Sheet||Helen Grant||TV film|
|1988||Hemingway||Mary Welsh||TV miniseries|
|1988||Tanner '88||T.J. Cavanaugh||TV miniseries|
|1988||L.A. Law||Norma Heisler||Episode: "Romancing the Drone"|
|1990||Grand||Janice Pasetti||Main role|
|1990||Caroline?||Grace Carmichael||TV film|
|1990||The Civil War||Various (voice)||TV miniseries documentary|
|1992||Woman with a Past||Dee Johnson||TV film|
|1992–03||The Simpsons||Ruth Powers (voice)||Episode: "New Kid on the Block", "Marge on the Lam", "The Strong Arms of the Ma"|
|1993||Born Too Soon||Elizabeth Mehren||TV film|
|1993||Family Album||Denise Lerner||TV miniseries|
|1995||Deadly Whispers||Carol Acton||TV film|
|1995||Buford's Got a Gun||Laurie||TV film|
|1995–96||The Home Court||Judge Sydney J. Solomon||Main role|
|1996||The Man Next Door||Wanda Gilmore||TV film|
|1996||Critical Choices||Arlene||TV film|
|1998||Carriers||Holly Parker||TV film|
|2001||The Kennedys||Pamela Kennedy||TV film|
|2003||Book of Days||Grady||TV film|
|2003||Judging Amy||Sarah||Episode: "Shock and Awe"|
|2004||Tanner on Tanner||T.J. Cavanaugh||TV miniseries|
|2004||JAG||Major General Willsey||Episode: "Whole New Ball Game"|
|2005||Dynasty: The Making of a Guilty Pleasure||Esther Shapiro||TV film|
|2005||Jane Doe: Now You See It, Now You Don't||Fran Henkel||TV film|
|2006||Pepper Dennis||Lynn Dinkle||Recurring role|
|2006–08||Jericho||Gail Green||Regular role|
|2008||Eli Stone||Mrs. Stone||Episode: "Pilot", "Heartbeat"|
|2009||The Beast||Asst. Dir. Ida Paulson||Episode: "Counterfeit", "No Turning Back"|
|2009–11||United States of Tara||Beverly Craine||Recurring role|
|2009–12||Parks and Recreation||Marlene Griggs-Knope||Recurring role|
|2010||Proposition 8 Trial Re-Enactment||Dr. M. V. Lee Badgett||TV series documentary|
|2010||Grey's Anatomy||Mrs. Banks||Episode: "Valentine's Day Massacre"|
|2011–12||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Donna Hoppe||Episode: "Genetic Disorder", "Risky Business Class"|
|2012||Perception||Mrs. Penderhalt||Episode: "86'd"|
|2014||Criminal Minds||Mary Bidwell||Episode: "Boxed In"|
|2015–present||NCIS: Los Angeles||Roberta Deeks||Recurring role|
- Pamela Reed Biography (1949) at filmreference.com
- Berson, Misha (May 31, 2013). "Pamela Reed, Kevin Tighe at home in ACT production". The Seattle Times. Retrieved July 21, 2017.
- "Pamela Reed | School of Drama | University of Washington". drama.washington.edu. Retrieved 2020-05-21.
- Janet Maslin (1986-01-17). "'Clan Of The Cave Bear'". The New York Times.
- "Pamela Reed". TVGuide.com. TV Guide. Retrieved 10 February 2020.
- Phipps, Keith (16 April 2009). "Parks And Recreation: "Canvassing"". AVClub.com. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- Heffernan, Virginia (1 January 2005). "Dynasty: The Making of a Guilty Pleasure: If You've Got It, Flaunt It: ABC Trumpets an 80's Hit". The New York Times. Retrieved February 26, 2009.
- "Dynasty: The Making of a Guilty Pleasure: Credits". Der-denver-clan.de. Retrieved February 27, 2009.
- Maslin, Janet (1980-05-16). "Film: 'The Long Riders,' With Gangs of the West:Oh Brothers!". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2020-05-21.
- Ebert, Roger. "Melvin and Howard movie review (1981) | Roger Ebert". www.rogerebert.com. Retrieved 2020-05-21.
- Canby, Vincent (1981-02-27). "William Hurt in 'Eyewitness'". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2020-05-21.
- Maslin, Janet (1982-07-17). "'Young Doctors in Love'". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2020-05-21.
- Ebert, Roger. "The Right Stuff movie review & film summary (1983) | Roger Ebert". www.rogerebert.com. Retrieved 2020-05-21.
- Goodman, Walter (1986-01-31). "Film: 'Best of Times,' Football Story". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2020-05-21.
- Maslin, Janet (1990-04-20). "Review/Film; True-Life Drama of Mental Hospital". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2020-05-22.
- Canby, Vincent (1990-05-18). "Review/Film; Robin Williams as Cad In 'Cadillac Man'". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2020-05-22.
- James, Caryn (1990-12-21). "Review/Film; A School for Scandal, but a Scandal of a Different Sort". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2020-05-22.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pamela Reed.|