Cadillacs and Dinosaurs: The Second Cataclysm
|Cadillacs and Dinosaurs:
The Second Cataclysm
Sega CD box art
|Developer(s)||Rocket Science Games|
|Publisher(s)||Sega, BMG Interactive|
|Platform(s)||Sega CD, PC|
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs: The Second Cataclysm is a video game made by Rocket Science Games based on the comic book Xenozoic Tales. The game was originally released in 1994 for the Sega CD and later the PC.
In 1997, Jeff Sengstack of NewMedia wrote that Cadillacs and Dinosaurs "bombed miserably." Its sales by that point were below 20,000 units.
The game received generally mediocre reviews. Mike Weigand of Electronic Gaming Monthly commented on the game that "the graphics are quite good, but the overall theme of the game isn't very thrilling". Scary Larry of GamePro agreed that the game was dull, remarking "There's not much else to do here but shoot and steer", and disagreed on the graphics, citing muddy colors and a lack of detail. Next Generation saw a somewhat more positive review for the game. It said the game was technically impressive for its fluid animation and near-absence of load times, and though it criticized the lack of variety in the levels, it concluded, "However, on balance, it's smooth, fast and exciting, and what more could you ask for?"
- "Review Crew: Cadillacs & Dinosaurs". Electronic Gaming Monthly. Ziff Davis (67): 34. February 1995.
- "Flowing". Next Generation. Imagine Media (3): 94. March 1995.
- Sengstack, Jeff (April 14, 1997). "The Making of Obsidian: Maybe It Does Take a Rocket Scientist". NewMedia. Archived from the original on April 14, 1997.
- "Cadillacs and Dinosaurs: The Second Cataclysm". GamePro. IDG (78): 58. March 1995.
- Cadillacs and Dinosaurs: The Second Cataclysm at MobyGames
- Otaku World Review of C&D by Jennifer Diane Reitz
- Coming Soon Magazine review
|This rail shooter article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|