California Department of Finance
Seal of the Department of Finance
|Headquarters||915 L Street, Sacramento, CA|
|Annual budget||$70 million (2014-15)|
The California Department of Finance is a state cabinet-level agency within the government of California. The Department of Finance is responsible for preparing, explaining, and administering the state’s annual financial plan, which the Governor of California is required under the California Constitution to present by January 10 of each year to the general public. The Department of Finance's other duties include analyzing the budgets of proposed laws in the California State Legislature, creating and monitoring current and future economic forecasts of the state, estimating population demographics and enrollment projections, and maintaining the state's accounting and financial reporting systems.
The current Director of Finance is Michael Cohen, and is a member of Governor Jerry Brown's cabinet. Cohen has been the Department's director since September 16, 2013. Cohen succeeded Ana Matosantos after her resignation was tendered to Governor Jerry Brown on June 28, 2013.
Units within the department
There are nine Financial Units within the Department of Finance, administering the agency's various duties within the state government:
- Budget Operations Support (BOS)
- Legislative Analyses
- California State Accounting and Reporting System (CALSTARS): Accounting
- Demographic Research Unit (DRU)
- Economic/Financial Research Unit (ER/FR)
- Fiscal Systems and Consulting Unit (FSCU)
- Office of State Audits and Evaluations (OSAE)
- Performance Review Unit (PRU)
- Financial Information Systems for California (FI$Cal) Project
- Office of the Governor (2013-06-28). "Finance Director Ana Matosantos to Depart, Chief Deputy Director Michael Cohen to be Appointed Director". State of California. Retrieved 2014-03-04.
- Official website
- Investment in the California Code of Regulations
- Department of Finance's Population Estimate Methodology
- 2014-2015 Proposed California Budget
|This article about the politics of California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to Sacramento, California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|