Canada at the 2006 Winter Paralympics
|Canada at the|
2006 Winter Paralympics
|NPC||Canadian Paralympic Committee|
|Competitors||35 in 4 sports|
|Flag bearer||Todd Nicholson (opening)|
Colette Bourgonje (closing)
|Winter Paralympics appearances (overview)|
Canada participated in the ninth Winter Paralympics in Turin, Italy. Heading the delegation was the Chef de Mission, Marg McGregor. The country's flag bearer at the opening ceremony was Todd Nicholson, captain of the ice sledge hockey team.
Canada entered 35 athletes in the following sports:
- Alpine skiing: 7 male, 3 female
- Ice sledge hockey: 15 male
- Nordic skiing: 3 male, 2 female
- Wheelchair curling: 3 male, 2 female
- "Labonté named flagbearer for Canada at the Vancouver 2010 Paralympic Winter Games Opening Ceremony". Canadian Paralympic Committee. March 8, 2010. Retrieved March 8, 2014.
- "Canada's Flagbearer Named for The Paralympic Games Sledge Hockey's Todd Nicholson to Lead Canada at Opening Ceremonies". Hockey Canada. March 8, 2006. Retrieved March 8, 2014.
- Torino 2006 Paralympic Games (link dead)
- International Paralympic Committee
- Canadian Paralympic Committee
|This article related to sport in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This winter sports-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|