Caroline Fraser is an American writer. Formerly on the editorial staff of the New Yorker, her work has also appeared in the Atlantic Monthly and New York Review of Books, among others. She is the author of God's Perfect Child: Living and Dying in the Christian Science Church (1999), and Rewilding the World: Dispatches from the Conservation Revolution (2009), and editor of Laura Ingalls Wilder: The Little House Books (2012).
Fraser was born in Seattle to a Christian Science family. She obtained a PhD in English and American literature in 1987 from Harvard University for a thesis entitled A Perfect Contempt: The Poetry of James Merrill.
- (ed.), Laura Ingalls Wilder: The Little House Books, Volumes 1 and 2, Library of America, 2012.
- Rewilding the World: Dispatches from the Conservation Revolution, Metropolitan Books, 2009.
- God's Perfect Child: Living and Dying in the Christian Science Church, Metropolitan Books, 1999.
- "Peter Rabbit and the Tale of a Fierce Bad Publisher", The Horn Book Magazine, 7 May 2013.
- "For Wolves on the Brink, A Hobbled Recovery Plan", Yale Environment 360, 25 October 2012.
- "Laura Ingalls Wilder and the Wolves", Los Angeles Review of Books, 10 October 2012.
- "The Crucial Role of Predators: A New Perspective on Ecology", Yale Environment 360, 15 September 2011.
- "As Tigers Near Extinction, A Last-Ditch Strategy Emerges", Yale Environment 360, 15 November 2010.
- "‘A Strange, Bloody, Broken Beauty’", The New York Review of Books, 27 May 2010.
- "'Rewilding' the World: A Bright Spot for Biodiversity", Yale Environment 360, 11 February 2010.
- "So Fresh and Bloody", London Review of Books, 18 December 2008.
- "Heart of Darkness", The New York Review of Books, 24 June 2004.
- "The Mormon Murder Case", The New York Review of Books, 21 November 2002.
- "Pretty in the Sunlight", The New York Review of Books, 4 October 2001.
- "Mary Baker Eddy: 'Mere Historic Incidents'", chapter one of God's Perfect Child, The New York Times, 22 August 1999.
- "Suffering Children and the Christian Science Church", The Atlantic, April 1995.
- "The Prairie Queen", The New York Review of Books, 22 December 1994.