|Industry||Real Estate Development|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California, United States of America|
|Rick J. Caruso
Founder and CEO
Caruso, formerly Caruso Affiliated Holdings, LLC, is one of the largest, privately held real estate companies in the United States. It was founded by Rick J. Caruso in 1987. It includes a portfolio of retail and mixed-use properties in Southern California, including Los Angeles, Glendale, Calabasas, Marina Del Rey, Encino and Thousand Oaks.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (January 2017)
The company provides real estate development services in southern California. Its portfolio includes shopping, entertainment, and residential developments. The company also develops parks, promenades, fountains, and plazas integrated with a retail environment; mixed-use developments that feature a blend of shopping, dining, and entertainment with residential living; shopping centers; outdoor retail and dining destinations that feature a host of quaint shops and restaurants; and lifestyle centers that offer casual living, dining, and shopping features.
Caruso develops, owns and manages properties such as The Grove at Farmers Market in Los Angeles, the Americana at Brand in Glendale, CA, The Commons at Calabasas, The Promenade at Westlake, and the Waterside Marina Del Rey. In November 2012, Caruso opened a new luxury, mixed-use residential and commercial property called 8500 Burton Way.
Caruso’s other developments include:
Its assets draw tens of millions of visitors each year.
Caruso properties have won awards for design and development, including the 1997 Golden Nugget Grand Award for the Promenade at Westlake, in the Best Commercial Project for Retail category; the Urban Land Institute’s Award for Excellence for The Commons at Calabasas in 1999 and The Grove at Farmers Market in 2003; and ICSC’s Gold Award in the 2009 United States Design and Development Award Competition for The Americana at Brand.
- "Rick J. Caruso Founder and Chief Executive Officer". Caruso Affiliated. Retrieved May 3, 2013.
- "Caruso Affiliated Holdings LLC". InsideView. Retrieved May 3, 2013.
- "Company Overview of Caruso Affiliated Holdings LLC". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved April 29, 2013.
- Deborah Crowe (April 24, 2013). "Caruso Announces Changes for Americana at Brand". Los Angeles Business Journal.
- Roger Vincent (November 11, 2012). "Grove developer Caruso opens lavish apartment complex". Los Angeles Times.
- Peter Caranicas (April 11, 2013). "Los Angeles Apartments That Are a Room-Service Fit". Variety.
- Andrew Blankstein (March 14, 2001). "Glendale's Long-Stalled Town Center Gets a Builder". Los Angeles Times.
- Sylvie Belmond (June 7, 2012). "Mall developer to receive entrepreneur award June 19". The Acorn.
- Martin Moodie. "Shilla/ARI bid for LAX duty free gets Rick Caruso endorsement". The Moodie Report. Retrieved May 8, 2013.
- "Small Home Wins Big Design Award". Los Angeles Times. 22 June 1997.
- Daniel Lobo (25 October 2012). "ULI Awards for Excellence: Winners Through the Years". Urban Land Institute.
- "The Americana at Brand Wins Award for Design, Development". Outlook Newspapers. 24 December 2009.