Castbox is an app that distributes free podcasts. As of 2019, it has about one million podcasts available through it, including about fifty million podcast episodes. It also has a premium platform. In June 2019, Castbox integrated with Waze, allowing playback controls to pause, skip, or restart episodes.
In addition to its library of podcasts from other distributors, Castbox also produces its own shows. In 2018, Castbox partnered with Heard Well on the podcast series Heard Well Now, which highlights early career musical artists. As of 2018[update], Castbox produced 25 different original podcasts, with This Sounds Serious being released in 2019.
- Robinson, Melia. "An ex-Googler sold her home to fund her startup — and she just got $13 million to build the 'Netflix of podcasting'". Business Insider.
- "Helping indie podcasters get paid". Fast Company. September 28, 2018.
- "After raising $16M in funding, CastBox plans to fix podcast discovery". 12 October 2017.
- "10 best podcast apps for Android! (Updated 2019)". Android Authority. April 5, 2019.
- Porch, Scott (June 27, 2018). "Is the "Netflix of podcasts" moment finally here?". Fast Company.
- "Castbox is Latest Audio App With Waze Support". The Mac Observer. June 19, 2019.
- "Heard Well & Castbox Launch New Podcast Bringing Musicians and Online Creators Together". Billboard.
- "CastBox reveals $16 million in funding as global surge in podcast investment continues". October 12, 2017.
- "Castbox turns to blockchain to help podcasters get paid". 7 July 2018.
- "This Week in Podcasts: Nicole and Sasheer Are Best Friends". Archived from the original on 2019-06-20. Retrieved 2019-08-16.
- "Podcasting App Transcribes Shows for Better Search". The New York Observer. October 12, 2017.