|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Art history.|
Art history usually refers to the academic discipline covering the study of the history of the visual arts. Although ideas about the definition of art have changed over the years, the field of art history attempts to categorize changes in art throughout time and better understand how art shapes and is shaped by the outlooks and creative impulses of its practitioners. The subject does not just cover European art history, but encompasses all art, from the megaliths of Western Europe to the paintings of the Tang dynasty in China.
Many articles relevant to Art History, especially on individual artists or work of art, are in other categories under Category:Visual arts
Covering the academic subject:
The product of said subject:
This category has the following 31 subcategories, out of 31 total.
- ► Buddhist art (9 C, 56 P)
- ► Design history (7 C, 14 P)
- ► Fake or Fortune? (10 P)
- ► History of art in Germany (1 C, 2 P)
- ► Jewish art (5 C, 24 P, 2 F)
- ► Lost works of art (3 C, 16 P, 24 F)
- ► Art movements (58 C, 218 P)
- ► History of art in Portugal (1 C)
- ► Style (6 C, 3 P)
- ► Visual arts theory (1 C, 23 P)
- ► Art history stubs (3 C, 77 P)
Pages in category "Art history"
The following 145 pages are in this category, out of 145 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Catalogue raisonné
- Categories for the Description of Works of Art
- CINOA Prize
- Vicky A. Clark
- Classificatory disputes about art
- Comité International d'Histoire de l'Art
- Commission for Looted Art in Europe
- Conservation-restoration of cultural heritage
- Context art
- History of the concept of creativity
- Art criticism
- List of art critics
- Cultural depictions of the dog