Leprosy, sometimes known as Hansen's disease, is an infectious disease caused by Mycobacterium leprae, an aerobic, acid-fast, rod-shaped mycobacterium. The modern term for the disease is named after the discoverer of the bacterium, Gerhard Armauer Hansen.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Leprosy.|
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- ► Leper colonies (1 C, 43 P)
- ► Deaths from leprosy (24 P)
- ► Leper hospitals (1 C, 35 P)
- ► Leprologists (3 C, 38 P)
- ► Leprosy nurses and caregivers (15 P)
- ► Leprosy organizations (3 C, 11 P)
Pages in category "Leprosy"
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 29 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).