|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Paleontology.|
|Wikisource has original works on the topic: Paleontology|
Paleontology (US spelling) or palaeontology (UK spelling) is the study of the developing history of life on earth, of ancient plants and animals based on the fossil record, evidence of their existence preserved in rocks. This includes the study of body fossils, tracks, burrows, cast off parts, fossilized feces ("coprolites"), and chemical residues.
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- ► Subfields of paleontology (8 C, 20 P)
- ► Paleontology awards (1 C, 6 P)
- ► Paleontological concepts and hypotheses (2 C, 10 P)
- ► Economic paleontology (2 C, 1 P)
- ► Fossil record (10 C, 5 P)
- ► History of paleontology (2 C, 15 P)
- ► Paleontological institutions and organizations (2 C, 14 P)
- ► Paleontology media (5 C)
- ► Paleontology stubs (14 C, 67 P)
Pages in category "Paleontology"
The following 12 pages are in this category, out of 12 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).