Professor Chacha Nyaigotti-Chacha (born 1952 in Kuria District, Nyanza Province, Kenya) is a Kenyan playwright and Swahili language educationalist. He has served as an executive secretary of the Inter-University Council for East Africa (2000–2010), and was the first CEO of the Kenyan Higher Education Loans Board (1995–2000). He is currently serving as the Chairman of the Kenyan Commission for University Education (CUE) and the Kenya Institute of Mass Communication (KIMC).
He was educated at Kenyatta College, receiving a BEd (Swahili Language), and later studied at Yale University, gaining an MA in Anthropological Linguistics and a PhD in Swahili Language Linguistics. He has been a Tutorial Fellow and Lecturer in Swahili Language and Linguistics at Kenyatta University and later Egerton University in Kenya.
- Ushairi wa Abdilatif Abdalla: Sautiya Utetezi, Nyaigotti-Chacha, C., Dar es Salaam University Press (DUP), 1992. (Protest Theme in Swahili Poetry).
- Traditional Medicine in Africa, Edited by Sindiga, Isaac, Nyaigotti-Chacha, C. and Kanunah, M. P., East African Educational Publishers, 1995. ISBN 9966-46-548-0
- Mke Mwenza, Nyaigotti-Chacha, C., East Africa Education Publishers, 1997, (A Swahili storybook)
- Wingu Jeusi, Nyaigotti-Chacha, C., 1987, ISBN 9966-46-318-6
- Hukumu, Nyaigotti-Chacha, C., Longman Kenya, 1992, ISBN 9966-49-742-0 / ISBN 9966-49-742-0
- Marejeo, Kenya Lit. Bureau, 1986
- The position of Kiswahili in Kenya, Nyaigotti-Chacha, C., University of Nairobi, Institute of African Studies, 1981
- African Universities in the Twenty-first Century, Edited by Paul Tiyambe Zeleza Adebayo Olukoshi, Chapter 5: Public Universities, Private Funding: The Challenges in East Africa, Nyaigotti-Chacha, C., 2005
- REFORMING HIGHER EDUCATION IN KENYA CHALLENGES, LESSONS AND OPPORTUNITIES, Nyaigotti-Chacha, C., Kenya August 2004