|Full name||Chadwick Antonio Kirkpatrick Walton|
3 July 1985 |
Jamaica, West Indies
|Batting style||Right-hand bat|
|Test debut (cap 280)||9 July 2009 v Bangladesh|
|Last Test||17 July 2009 v Bangladesh|
|ODI debut||23 September 2009 v Pakistan|
|Last ODI||9 April 2017 v Pakistan|
|Domestic team information|
|2007-||Combined Campuses and Colleges|
|2017-present||Guyana Amazon Warriors|
|Source: , 9 April 2017|
Chadwick Antonio Kirkpatrick Walton (born 3 July 1985) is a West Indies cricketer from Jamaica. Nicknamed Rope, Walton is a right-hand batsman and wicket keeper who played a series of first class cricket matches for Combined Campuses and Colleges and University of West Indies Vice-Chancellor's XI before being chosen for the West Indies Test side. He played his first match against Bangladesh on 9 July 2009. During his first Test series, he equalled Ridley Jacobs's record of five dismissals in an innings.
Following the West Indies A-team tour of India, Walton was named in the 15-member Test squad for the upcoming West Indies' tour of India 4 October 2013. He made his return to international cricket after Marlon Samuels was ruled out of the limited-overs series in New Zealand due to a chronic wrist injury. Unfortunately, he was unable to capitalize in the course of the series in which he managed only 17 runs in the three matches that he played. Known regionally as a powerful striker, his T20I debut was also fruitless where he managed 9 runs in the two T20Is played at Eden Park and Wellington Regional Stadium (commercially known as Westpac Stadium).
Chadwick attended Munro College; one of the most elite traditional high schools in Jamaica.
In February 2017, he scored his first century in List A cricket, when he made 117 in the semi-final of the 2016–17 Regional Super50 tournament. He followed this up with his second List A century less than two weeks later, against the touring England team. In the 2017 CPL Draft, he was selected by the Guyana Amazon Warriors with a $110,000 contract.
- "West Indies name replacement squad". CricInfo. 8 July 2009. Retrieved 22 August 2009.
- "Player Profile: Chadwick Walton". CricInfo. July 2009. Retrieved 22 August 2009.
- "Kirk Edwards, Walton in Test squad". EspnCricinfo. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- "Samuels returns home from NZ with wrist injury". EspnCricinfo. Retrieved 24 December 2013.
- "Jamaica smash 434 to surge into final". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 16 February 2017.
- "Stokes brought down to earth but England's batting fires". Cricinfo. Retrieved 2017-03-07.
- "Nabi, Rashid get taken in 2017 CPL draft". Cricinfo. Retrieved 2017-03-12.