|Full name||Carlos Ricardo Brathwaite|
18 July 1988|
Christ Church, Barbados
|Test debut (cap 306)||26 December 2015 v Australia|
|Last Test||24 July 2016 v India|
|ODI debut (cap 161)||18 October 2011 v Bangladesh|
|Last ODI||25 March 2018 v Afghanistan|
|ODI shirt no.||26|
|T20I debut (cap 53)||11 October 2011 v Bangladesh|
|Last T20I||31 May 2018 v World XI|
|Domestic team information|
|2011||Combined Campuses and Colleges|
|2015–present||St Kitts and Nevis Patriots|
Source: CricInfo, 2 May 2018
Carlos Ricardo Brathwaite (born 18 July 1988) is a West Indian cricketer from Barbados and the current captain of the West Indies Twenty20 International (T20I) team. Brathwaite made his T20I debut for the West Indies against Bangladesh on 11 October 2011. He made his One Day International debut seven days later in the same series. During the West Indies tour of Sri Lanka in 2015, he scored 113 from 58 balls against Sri Lanka Board President's XI and shared a 193-run partnership for the eighth wicket with Andre Russell at Colts Cricket Club Ground, Colombo, to help his side recover from 7 for 109 to 318 in a 50-over game.
Needing 19 to win in the last over against England, Brathwaite hit four consecutive sixes in the first four balls of the last over in the final of 2016 ICC World Twenty20 to enable the West Indies to win their second World Twenty20 title. This was his debut World Cup. He was the first player for the West Indies to hit four consecutive sixes in a T20I match.
He also spent a number of years playing domestic cricket in Ireland, with Dublin-based Leinster Cricket Club, with whom in 2009 he won the Bob Kerr Irish Senior Cup, defeating Donemena CC in the final.
In January 2018, he was bought by the Sunrisers Hyderabad in the 2018 IPL auction. In May 2018, he was signed by Kent County Cricket Club to play in the 2018 Vitality Blast tournament in England.
- "Carlos Brathwaite". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 25 December 2014.
- "Scorecard: 2nd Test: Australia v West Indies at Melbourne, Dec 26–30, 2015". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 26 December 2015.
- "Who is Carlos Brathwaite?".
- Vaishali Bhardwaj (3 April 2016). "T20 World Cup final 2016: Carlos Brathwaite hits four sixes in a row to help West Indies beat England by four wickets". Evening Standard. Retrieved 3 April 2016.
- "Carlos Brathwaite named West Indies T20 captain". ESPN Cricinfo. 9 August 2016. Retrieved 9 August 2016.
- "Windies avoid scare to edge out PNG". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 8 March 2018.
- "Holder and Brathwaite ward off PNG threat". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 8 March 2018.
- "KKR bowl; Brathwaite debuts for Daredevils". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- "The Hindu: Who is Carlos Brathwaite?". Retrieved 4 April 2016.
- "Carlos Braithwaite: From Leinster to T20 glory". Retrieved 4 April 2016.
- "List of sold and unsold players". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 27 January 2018.
- "Billings' Twenty20 links help Kent seal Brathwaite deal". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 2 May 2018.