|Author||Antonio Garcia Martinez|
|Genre||Biographies, Business, Engineering|
|June 28, 2016|
Chaos Monkeys: Obscene Fortune and Random Failure in Silicon Valley is an autobiography written by Antonio García Martínez. The book compares Silicon Valley to the "chaos monkeys" of society. It details his career experiences with launching a tech startup, selling it to Twitter, and working at Facebook from its pre-IPO stage.
Chaos Monkeys recounts Antonio Garcia Martinez's career path. It starts as Martinez explains his quant work at Goldman, to an existing startup, to his own startup, and ultimately to larger Silicon Valley companies. He writes about real situations and discloses the inside stories he believes fill every industry. Garcia attempts to explain how advertising technology, startups, and venture capital work.
Bloomberg Businessweek reported, "Unlike most founding narratives that flow out of the Valley, Chaos Monkeys dives into the unburnished, day-to-day realities: the frantic pivots, the enthusiastic ass-kissing, the excruciating internal politics.... [Garcia] can be rude, but he's shrewd, too." In CNN's review, the headline says the book "compares Facebook's culture to fascism but fails to prove it". TechCrunch wrote, "If you're in a startup or even plan to sue one, Chaos Monkeys is the book to read."
- "Ex-Facebook employee Antonio Garcia Mendez gives account of Silicon Valley in new book "Chaos Monkey"". CBS News.
- Kleeman, Sophie. "The Juiciest Parts of The New Facebook Tell-All Book". Gizmodo.
- "Author of new Silicon Valley tell-all: Only the 'most deluded, douchiest people' think it's a meritocracy". Business Insider.
- "These Seven Business and Tech Books Could Make You Richer". The Observer.
- "The Wolves of Silicon Valley: how megalomaniacs in hoodies became tech's answer to Wall Street". Vanity Fair.
- "Mark Zuckerberg's hostile emails: Life at Facebook exposed!". Daily Mail.
- Martínez, Antonio García. "How Mark Zuckerberg Led Facebook's War to Crush Google Plus". The Telegraph UK.
- Balakrishnan, Anita (2016-07-01). "Ex-Facebooker reveals how the 'cult' of Silicon Valley really works". CNBC.
- Reprints, Ellen Huet ellenhuet. "Book Review: Chaos in the Valley". Bloomberg.com.
- King, Hope (2016-06-28). "New book compares Facebook's culture to fascism but fails to prove it". CNNMoney.
- Biggs, John. "Inside the ape cage with Antonio Garcia Martinez, author of Chaos Monkeys". TechCrunch.
- Антоніо Ґарсія Мартінес. "Книга "Хаос у Кремнієвій долині. Стартапи, що зламали систему"". — К.: Наш Формат, 2018. — 528 с. —. ISBN 978-617-7552-51-1.