Fleischer performs in Las Vegas. Photo by Scott Roeben.
August 27, 1950 |
Washington, D.C., United States
|Occupation||Actor, stand-up comedian, voice artist|
Fleischer was born in Washington, D.C.. He attended Southampton College of Long Island University, and studied acting at Chicago's Goodman Theatre. He has written a science paper regarding the nature of gamma ray bursts that appears on the Cornell University Library web site http://arxiv.org/abs/1205.0518
He is perhaps best known as the voices of Roger Rabbit, Benny The Cab, Greasy and Psycho in Disney and Amblin Entertainment's 1988 live action/animated hybrid murder mystery noir film Who Framed Roger Rabbit. After that film's success, Fleischer continued to perform the voice of Roger in several Disney television and theme park appearances at several of the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, and in three follow-up short subjects to the original film. Other voice roles for Fleischer include The Polar Express and We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story. On-screen roles include Back to the Future Part II and Gridlock'd.
Fleischer had a recurring role on the 1970s TV series Welcome Back, Kotter as Carvelli, as Chuck on the ABC series Laverne & Shirley, and on the Disney cartoon series House of Mouse as the voice of Benny The Cab. He was also a regular on the short-lived comedy/varitey show Keep on Truckin'. He guest starred in The Weird Al Show as a guy in a band. He also appeared on the short lived Saturday morning show Wacko.
Fleischer is now the part-owner of a multi-media company in Southern California and a writer for television and movies. He still does stand-up gigs occasionally.
- Rango (2011)
- Funny People (2009)
- Zodiac (2007)
- The Polar Express (2004) (voice)
- Balto III: Wings of Change (2004) (voice)
- Big Kiss (2004)
- Balto II: Wolf Quest (2002) (voice)
- Bel Air (2000)
- Genius (1999)
- Rusty: A Dog's Tale (1998)
- Permanent Midnight (1998)
- Gridlock'd (1997)
- Bone Chillers (1996)
- Demon Knight (1995)
- My Girl 2 (1994)
- We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story (1993) (voice)
- Trail Mix-Up (1993) (voice)
- Carry On Columbus (1992)
- Straight Talk (1992)
- Dick Tracy (1990)
- Roller Coaster Rabbit (1990) (voice)
- Back to the Future Part II (1989)
- Tummy Trouble (1989) (voice)
- Gross Anatomy (1989)
- Mickey's 60th Birthday (1988) (voice) (role: Roger Rabbit)
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988) (voice)
- Bad Dreams (1988)
- Deadly Friend (1986) (voice)
- The Great Mouse Detective (1986) (voice, uncredited)
- A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
- Night Shift (1982)
- Hill Street Blues (1981)
- Die Laughing (1980)
- Sugar Time! (1978)
- "The New York Times". The New York Times.
- Janet Maslin (June 22, 1988). "New Laws of Gravity Twist Humor, Too, in 'Roger Rabbit'". The New York Times.
- Charles Fleischer Wizardworld.com 2010. Retrieved July 19, 2011.
- Charles Fleischer at the Internet Movie Database
- Charles Fleischer insists all things are moleeds, TED Conference Video, 18 minutes, 2005
- Charles Fleischer's Webshow Fleischer's Universe
Charles Fleischer's science paper. http://arxiv.org/abs/1205.0518