Charlotte's Web 2: Wilbur's Great Adventure
|Charlotte's Web 2:
Wilbur's Great Adventure
|Directed by||Mario Piluso|
|Produced by||James Wang|
|Screenplay by||Elana Lesser
by E. B. White
|Music by||Michael Tavera|
|Edited by||Christopher Hink|
|Distributed by||Paramount Home Entertainment (USA)
Universal Studios Home Entertainment (non-USA)
Charlotte's Web 2: Wilbur's Great Adventure is a 2003 American direct-to-video animated film, and the sequel to the 1973 film Charlotte's Web. It was produced by Paramount Pictures, Universal Pictures, Universal Cartoon Studios, and Nickelodeon; and distributed by Paramount Home Entertainment in North America and Universal Studios Home Entertainment overseas.
The film opens in springtime, about a year after Charlotte has died. Charlotte's three daughters, Nellie, Aranea, and Joy, are now in the stages of adolescence, with Wilbur serving as a companion and mentor.
During this time, Wilbur befriends Cardigan, a newborn lamb that is looked down upon by the other lambs and the younger sheep of his flock because he has black wool. Wilbur takes Cardigan under his wing and shows him the farm, the ways of animal life, and dangers to look out for.
However, after only a few weeks, Zuckerman suddenly sells Cardigan to another farmer, so Wilbur, along with Charlotte's daughters and Templeton the Rat, set out to visit Cardigan and make sure he is safe.
On the journey to visit Cardigan, however, Wilbur is hungry so he gets some grapes which make him look purple. Some bark from the trees comes and lands on his head. This makes him look like a wild pig. A near hit by a car then reveals that two other guys have now seen the wild pig. This makes it hard for Wilbur to visit Cardigan.
Meanwhile, an evil fox named Farley comes and steals a hen from the barn, and Wilbur is blamed. Farley comes and steals Cardigan from the barn, and plans to eat him. Wilbur now must save his friend, and does so by trapping him in a "pig web". Charlotte's daughters spin the word "fox" in a spider web, and Fern arrives just in time to save Wilbur. The fox, while not shown, is probably disposed of. Aranea and Joy decide to stay with Cardigan, and the film ends as Wilbur has to baby sit Templeton's kids. He had promised to do this earlier when Templeton had to get Wilbur out of some brambles bushes, which also helped make him look like a wild pig.
- Julia Duffy as Charlotte A. Cavatica
- David Berón as Wilbur
- Charlie Adler as Templeton, Lurvy
- Amanda Bynes as Nellie
- Anndi McAfee as Joy
- Maria Bamford as Aranea
- Harrison Chad as Cardigan the Lamb
- Rob Paulsen as Farley the Fox
- Debi Derryberry as Fern Arable
- Laraine Newman as Gwen
- Dawnn Lewis as Bessie
- Brenda Vaccaro as Mrs. Hirsch
- Jerry Houser as Mr. Zuckerman
- Valery Pappas as High Strung Chicken
- Nika Futterman as Baby Rats
- Bridget Sienna as Flo
- Bobby Block as Snotty Lamb
- Ashley Edner as Bully Lamb
- Pat Fraley as Donkey
- Frank Welker as Animals' vocal effects
- Ginny McSwain - Casting and Voice Director
Robert Pardi of TV Guide stated that the sequel did not capture the spirit of the original. He also criticized the animation and the plot. Mike Long of DVD Talk said that the animation was mediocre and resembled a Saturday morning cartoon.
- Charlotte's Web 2: Wilbur's Great Adventure at AllMovie
- Charlotte's Web 2: Wilbur's Great Adventure at the Big Cartoon DataBase
- Charlotte's Web 2: Wilbur's Great Adventure at the Internet Movie Database
- Charlotte's Web 2: Wilbur's Great Adventure at Rotten Tomatoes