Curious George (TV series)
|Created by||Margret Rey
|Developed by||Joe Fallon|
|Directed by||Scott Heming
|Voices of||Rob Paulsen
|Narrated by||William H. Macy (season 1)
|Opening theme||"Like Curious George!" by Dr. John|
|Ending theme||"Like Curious George!" (instrumental)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||9|
|No. of episodes||108 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Ron Howard
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Imagine Entertainment
Universal Animation Studios
|Distributor||NBCUniversal Television Distribution|
|Original network||PBS Kids|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i
SDTV 480i (earlier seasons)
|Original release||September 4, 2006– present|
Curious George is an American animated television series based on the children's book series of the same name which features Jeff Bennett as the voice of The Man with the Yellow Hat. Frank Welker, who voiced George in the 2006 feature film, returns here as the voice of Curious George. The show is currently broadcast on PBS Kids. It debuted in 2006, and began its ninth season on October 28, 2014 which ended on April 1, 2015.
Curious George is a production of Universal Animation Studios (Universal Pictures released the Curious George film), Imagine Entertainment, and WGBH Boston. Each episode has two short cartoons per half-hour episode and a live-action segment after each story.
The series illustrates and explains various concepts in math and science and each live-action segment shows schoolchildren engaging in experiments that teach the math or science concept featured in the previous cartoon.
- The City: George and the Man with the Yellow Hat live in an apartment in "The City". The Doorman keeps a pigeon coop on the roof and is the master of Hundley the dog. The apartment is near Endless Park, the museum where Professor Wiseman works, and a zoo. Chef Pisghetti's restaurant is nearby, as are a donut shop, Dulson's Toy Store, Mabel's Department Store, a supermarket and a pet shop which are recurring locations.
- The Country: George and the Man with the Yellow Hat vacation in a small house in the country. The house is near Lake Wanasink Lake, a stream, and a river that eventually flows past the city and to the ocean.
Characters and voice cast
The setting for most episodes is either the city, where George lives in an apartment building with The Man in the Yellow Hat, or the country, where they share a small house near a lake called Lake Wanasinklake. This allows George to mirror the experiences of kids who live in an urban environment and those who live on farms and in suburbs. A few episodes take place in alternate but familiar settings, like an airport or a train station.
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired (U.S. dates)|
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||30||September 4, 2006||February 23, 2007|
|2||20||September 3, 2007||April 22, 2008|
|3||11||September 1, 2008||April 22, 2009|
|4||9||September 8, 2009||June 14, 2010|
|5||10||September 6, 2010||May 6, 2011|
|6||10||September 3, 2011||April 20, 2012|
|7||6||December 3, 2012||April 24, 2013|
|8||6||February 10, 2014||May 21, 2014|
|9||6||October 28, 2014||April 1, 2015|
- 2008 - Outstanding Children's Animated Program (won)
- 2010 - Outstanding Children's Animated Program (won)
- Program Summary at PBS.org - PBS Parents