This biographical article is written like a résumé. (February 2016)
|Born||1984 (age 34–35)|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in) / 5' 9"|
|Hair color||Dark Blond|
Mond was born in 1984 and raised in Safed to a religious Jewish family. She attended the city's religious girls' school. She hoped to study law and become an attorney, but at the age of 16 she was traveling in London with her aunt and was offered a job by a Select model agent. Mond refused, saying that she was religious and that she hadn't completed her high school studies, so Select waited until she turned 18, at which age Mond completed her national service.
Mond worked for famous clients such as French Connection, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, The Times (on the cover and in an article), Cosmopolitan, In Style, Harvey Nichols Magazine and Marie Claire. Chava has also been on the catwalk for Chanel, Yves Saint Laurent and London Fashion Week and she has appeared in the advertising campaigns of Laura Ashley, French Connection and Gina Bakoni. As well, she is leading the 2004/5 winter campaign of Armani Jeans and the current, worldwide campaign for Pantene hair products.
Mond has been described as the first Israeli model to observe the Jewish Sabbath and kosher laws regarding food. She refuses to be pictured in swimsuits and underwear for religious reasons. She may have refused to work on some photo shoots because of these principles. In an interview she said that her career would have been "far away" had she agreed to work during the Sabbath and pose in swimsuits.
Facts and stats
- Nationality: Israeli
- Family History: UK-born parents (Peter and Pamela) moved to Israel, met, got married, moved to Old City Safed. Pamela, a drama therapist, and Peter, a social worker.
- Siblings: 1 older brother, 2 younger sisters
- First Professional Role: Supermodel
- Languages Spoken: English and Hebrew
- Esther Petrack - another Jewish Orthodox model
- Eonline (October 11, 2007). חוה מונד מדלגת בין העולמות: שומרת שבת ומדגמנת לארמאני (in Hebrew). Eonline.co.il. Archived from the original on June 26, 2010. Retrieved March 16, 2011.
- Wallerstein, Moriah Zeltzer (April 25, 2007). "A religious role model". Ynetnews. Retrieved April 1, 2009.
- "ynet הדוגמנית חוה מונד: אני לא פחות דתייה - יהדות" (in Hebrew). Ynet.co.il. June 20, 1995. Retrieved March 16, 2011.