|Directed by||K. Bhagyaraj|
|Produced by||G. Venkateswaran|
|Written by||K. Bhagyaraj|
|Cinematography||M. V. Panneerselvam|
|Edited by||K. Mohankumar|
G. V. Films
Chokka Thangam (English: Pure Gold) is a 2003 Indian Tamil-language family drama film written and directed by K. Bhagyaraj. The film was produced by G. Venkateswaran under GV Films. The film stars Vijayakanth and Soundarya in lead roles with Goundamani, Senthil, Prakash Raj, Uma and Swathi playing supporting roles. The film's score and music was composed by Deva. The film was released on 15 January 2003 and was an average hit at the box office. It was also dubbed in Telugu as Maa Bava Bangaram.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1.||"Enna Nenache"||R. V. Udayakumar||P. Unni Krishnan, Anuradha Sriram||4:51|
|2.||"En Jannal"||Pa. Vijay||Hariharan, Sadhana Sargam||4:45|
|3.||"Ettu Jilla"||Pa. Vijay||Karthik, Anuradha Sriram, Unni Menon||4:41|
|4.||"Vellayai Manam"||Thamarai||Swarnalatha, P. Jayachandran, Sujatha Mohan||4:06|
|5.||"Oor Oora"||Snehan||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||5:02|
Balaji of Thiraipadam noted "The movie is not much different from other movies where Vijayakanth stars as the village do-gooder and has all the usual ingredients found in his movies like a squeaky clean image for him, duets in bright costumes and a bunch of fights" and also wrote "Bagyaraj's trademarks of a humorous screenplay, sprinklings of double entendre dialogs and a close look at marital issues are all but absent". Malathi Rangarajan of The Hindu wrote "The film does have its plus points, yet somehow Bhagyaraj's magic touch in films [..] is definitely missing in "Chokka Thangam."
- Indian Video Guru (12 June 2015). "Maa Bava Bangaram Telugu Full Movie - Vijayakanth - Soundarya - Prakash Raj - Senthil - Deva". Retrieved 4 July 2018 – via YouTube.
- "Reel Talk for 28th March 2003". 14 April 2003. Retrieved 4 July 2018.
- "Chokkathangam - All Songs - Download or Listen Free - Saavn". Saavn. 1 January 2002.
- "Sokka Thangam - Tamil Movie Review". www.thiraipadam.com. Retrieved 4 July 2018.
- thron. "Chokka Thangam". The Hindu. Retrieved 4 July 2018.