|Birth name||Chris Reifert|
|Born||February 25, 1969|
|Genres||Death metal, death-doom, hardcore punk|
|Instruments||Drums, vocals, bass, guitar|
|Labels||Peaceville Records, Necroharmonic Productions, Tyrant Syndicate|
|Associated acts||Death, Autopsy, Abscess, The Ravenous, Doomed, Eat My Fuk|
Chris Reifert (born February 23, 1968) is an American death metal musician, and one of the pioneers of the death/doom genre. Although his music is more death metal than doom metal, he is one of the first musicians that blended the two styles. He played drums on the Death debut album, Scream Bloody Gore. Since he parted ways with Chuck Schuldiner in 1987 after Schuldiner moved back to Florida, Reifert decided to stay in the San Francisco Bay Area, and in 1987 he formed his own band, Autopsy. In this band, he played not only drums but handled the vocals as well. After several albums, Autopsy split up in 1995 and Reifert and bandmate Danny Coralles began playing in their side-project, Abscess, full-time. After Abscess dissolved in 2010, Autopsy reformed and is currently planning to tour and record new material.
Chris Reifert is also known for his many side-projects, including the Ravenous, Doomed, Eat My Fuk, and Violation Wound. He has also performed guest vocals on Machetazo's Sinfonias del Terror Ciego and the Autopsy-inspired Murder Squad's Ravenous, Murderous, with further guest appearances for Immortal Fate, Nuclear Death, and "Cathedral of the Damned" on Cathedral's final album, The Last Spire. He is also known for his album cover art. His interviews are noted for his sharp wit and off-the-wall humor.
- Burnt Offering – ( Drums )
- Death – drums
- Autopsy – drums, vocals, bass
- Abscess – drums, vocals, bass
- The Ravenous – drums, guitar, vocals
- Eat My Fuk – drums, vocals
- Doomed – drums
- Violation Wound – guitar, vocals
- Demo 1 (1985)
- Frightmare (1985)
- Mutilation (1986)
- Scream Bloody Gore (1987)
- 1987 Demo (1987)
- Critical Madness (1988)
- Severed Survival (1989)
- Retribution for the Dead (1991)
- Mental Funeral (1991)
- Fiend for Blood (1992)
- Acts of the Unspeakable (1992)
- Shitfun (1995)
- Ridden with Disease (2000)
- Torn from the Grave (2001)
- Dead as Fuck (2004)
- Horrific Obsession (2009)
- The Tomb Within (2010)
- Macabre Eternal (2011)
- All Tomorrow's Funerals (2012)
- The Headless Ritual (2013)
- Tourniquets, Hacksaws & Graves (2014)
- Skull Grinder (2015)
- Haematomania (1991)
- Broken (1993)
- Abscess (1994)
- Raw, Sick, and Brutal Noize (1994)
- Crawled Up from the Sewer (1995)
- Filthy Fucking Freaks (1995)
- Urine Junkies (1995)
- Seminal Vampires and Maggot Men (1996)
- Open Wound (1998)
- Throbbing Black Werebeast (1998)
- Tormented (2000)
- Split with Deranged (2001)
- Split with Machetazo (2001)
- Through the Cracks of Death (2002)
- Thirst for Blood, Hunger for Flesh (2004)
- Damned and Mummified (2004)
- Split with Bloodred Bacteria (2005)
- Horrorhammer (2007)
- Split with Bonesaw (2008)
- Dawn of Inhumanity (2010)
- Assembled in Blasphemy (2000)
- Three on a Meathook (2002)
- Blood Delirium (2004)
Eat My Fuk
- Wet Slit and a Bottle of Whiskey (2003)
- Fuk You, It's Eat My Fuk! (2009)
- Violation Wound (2014)
- Broken Idol/Elimination Time (2015)
- Open Up And Burn (2016)
- With Man In Charge (2018)
- The Last Spire (2013), backing vocals on track "Cathedral Of The Damned"
- Grand Morbid Funeral (2014), backing vocals on track "Grand Morbid Funeral"
- Death (2014), vocals on track "Burning in Damnation Fires"
- Tortura (2014), vocals on track "Batalla de pecados"
- Autopsy – Dark Crusades (2006)
- Read more about Autopsy Archived December 31, 2010, at the Wayback Machine..
- Read more about Abscess (USA) Archived June 14, 2011, at the Wayback Machine..
- "Abscess Calls It Quits, Autopsy Back Full Time". ultimate-guitar.com.
- "Metal-Rules.com Zine - Chris Reifert - Ex-DEATH, ex-AUTOPSY & ABSCESS". metal-rules.com.