Christian Popular Union
The UPC was launched in August 2009 by Antonio Satta, a former Christian Democrat who had been the regional leader of UDEUR and, later, of the Sardinian Autonomist Populars. The party is based in Sardinia, but has a national structure, consisting primarily of former members of the UDEUR, notably including Gianfranco Saraca, Luca Bagliani, Danilo Bertoli, Sergio Deorsola, and Antonio Potenza (leader of Basilicata's United Populars).
Massimo Mulas, a regional councillor elected with the Sardinian Democratic Union in the 2009 regional election, joined the party during the legislature. In June 2012, through Mulas, the UPC joined the newly formed parliamentary group Sardinia Tomorrow, along with other centrist councillors.
In 2015 the Council of State fixed the composition of the Regional Council and two more Christian Populars, Antonio Gaia and Piefranco Zanchetta, gained a seat. A month before, however, Ledda had left the party in order to join The Base Sardinia, a full-fledged regional party.
- Secretary: Antonio Satta (2009–present)
- President: Gianfranco Saraca (2009–2014)
- Regional secretary (Sardinia): Enrico Piras (2009–2014), Antonio Satta (2014–present)
- ::: Ministero dell'Interno ::: Archivio Storico delle Elezioni - Provinciali del 30 Maggio 2010
- Ministry of the Interior – Historical Archive of Elections
- Sardegna - Elezioni Regionali del 16 febbraio 2014 - la Repubblica.it
- XV Legislatura - on. Gaetano Ledda