This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Chromaphase during the MMAX Beijing Festival 2012
|Birth name||Matthieu Tondeur|
|Genres||Electronic, Video artists|
|Years active||2007 – present|
Chromaphase (born 1985 in Lens, France; birthname Matthieu Tondeur) is a Shanghai-based video artist. He is known for mixing his own cinematographic footages with graphic creations, mainly associated with Electronic live bands and DJs. Performing Digital Art and VJing mainly in Asia. He is considered as one of the most talented VJ in Shanghai. In 2014, He begins to build permanent visual system for venues.
Chromaphase began in 2007 with the Nu jazz Band Wipping Willow in France, During 2 years he performed in some of the most famous venues in Paris (La Fleche D'or, Le Trabendo, La Scene Bastille...) and Festivals (Nuit du Sud, Dailymotion Festival).
After arriving in Shanghai in 2009, Chromaphase began his career in VJ as an independent. He performed beside International DJs such The Twelves, kode9, R3, Achun, College  and Chinese DJs such Ceezy, DJ Hbd, Sulumi, Howie Lee, and Lin Feng. All those cooperations made Chromaphase evolve in his style, finding new inspiration to match the style of each artist. He also explored live band performances (Jupiter, Mao Livehouse Shanghai 2012) and special events such the Jean-Paul Gaultier Fashion Show Party in Beijing and MMAX Beijing Festival.
Besides being a solo performer, Chromaphase made cooperated live with several artists including kode9, The Twelves, College, Jupiter, Wipping Willow, r3, Achun, Sulumi, DMC Winners DJ HBD and DJ Monk, and Ceezy.
- The Art of VJing, Chromaphase the Performer 29 July 2013
- Subculture Annyversary Party Full line up and review Archived 2 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine.
- College, Reykjavictim and Chromaphase VJ SmartShanghai.com event article
- Ceezy, DJ Hbd, Hamacide and Chromaphase VJ : White noise party Douban.com event article
- City Weekend.com event page Jupiter and Chromaphase VJ at Mao livehouse Shanghai
- Fairton event review video of Beijing Fashion show 2012 DJ r3 and Chromaphase VJ can be seen around 3:30 of the video
- Review video of the Mmax beijing festial 2012 Electronic music stageVideo on Youku.com