Ciaran Eugene Gultnieks (born 1970) is a British computer game programmer, whose projects include Star Wars (1988, for home computers), Dogfight (1993), Slipstream 5000 (1995) and Hardwar (1998) for the PC. He is the founder of F-Droid and contributes to the microblogging platform GNU social.
Gultnieks was the first employee at Vektor Grafix, later moving on to work for Microprose and Spectrum Holobyte. In 1993, he co-founded development house The Software Refinery, which closed its doors in 2002. In recent years he has contributed to various open source software projects. In 2010, he founded the F-Droid software repository, a catalogue of FOSS applications for the Android platform.
He is credited on the following games:
- Star Wars (1987), Domark
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (1988), Domark
- Fighter Bomber (1989), Activision
- Strike Aces (1990), Activision
- Killing Cloud, The (1991) Image Works
- Dogfight (1993), Microprose
- Air Duel: 80 Years of Dogfighting (1993), MicroProse
- Slipstream 5000 (1995), Gremlin Interactive
- Hardwar (1998), Gremlin Interactive
- Magazine interview about Hardwar
- Crash Article
- Ciaran Gultnieks' bio, Mobygames.com
- Article/interview in PC Format - Best of British supplement
- "Hardwar FAQ - Closure of The Software Refinery". Archived from the original on 5 April 2010. Retrieved 28 May 2010.
- "CiaranG - Overview". Retrieved 6 May 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "About". F-Droid Limited. Retrieved 6 January 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Interview with Ciaran Gultnieks of F-Droid — Free Software Foundation — working together for free software". Retrieved 6 May 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Mobygames profile