Cira Centre South
|Cira Centre South|
FMC Tower and Evo at Cira Centre in 2017
|Type||Office, Hotel, Luxury Apartments, Rental, Retail|
|Location||University City, Pennsylvania|
|Construction started||April 2013 (Evo) May 2014 (FMC)|
|Completed||October 2014 (Evo) September 2016 (FMC)|
|Antenna spire||736 ft|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||César Pelli, Erdy McHenry Architecture|
|Developer||Brandywine Realty Trust|
Cira Centre South is a complex of two skyscrapers in the University City district of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, which is across the Schuylkill River from Center City Philadelphia. The complex is between Walnut Street and Chestnut Street south of 30th Street Station and the Old Post Office Building.
The structure consists of two towers, the commercial and residential FMC Tower and the residential Evo Cira Centre South.. FMC Tower is a mixed-use “vertical neighborhood” consisting of offices, apartments, hotel rooms, retail and restaurants. Evo is specifically marketed towards graduate students and professionals, and rises a total of 33 floors and 430 feet. It was jointly developed by Brandywine Realty Trust, Campus Crest Communities, and Harrison Street Real Estate Capital.
FMC Tower at Cira Centre South
FMC Tower is a 49-story, 861,000-square-foot mixed-use tower consisting of 622,000 square feet of office space, 268 residential units and suites, and 10,000 square feet of retail space.
It is the tallest building in University City and the 7th tallest building in the city of Philadelphia.
The largest tenant, FMC Corporation acquired the naming rights as part of its 16-year lease on 253,000 square feet. The University of Pennsylvania leases about 100,000 square feet at the property. Brandywine Realty Trust, the developer, relocated its headquarters from Radnor to the building, taking 46,000 square feet.
The University of Pennsylvania owns the land and leases the ground to Brandywine. Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects designed the property. The developers broke ground on the project in 2014 and completed the building in late 2017.
- "EVO | Campus Crest". North Carolina, United States: Campus Crest. Archived from the original on 10 September 2013. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- "PHILADELPHIA | EVO @ Cira Centre South | 407 FT | 33 FLRS | U/C" (blog). SkyscraperPage. 1 September 2007.
- "Grove at Cira Centre South". University of Pennsylvania Facilities & Real Estate Services. Retrieved 20 August 2013.
- "FMC Tower at Cira Centre South". University of Pennsylvania. Retrieved 2018-06-24.
- "Philadelphia". www.skyscrapercenter.com. Retrieved 2018-05-11.
- "Brandywine Realty Relocates HQ to Urban Philly". Commercial Property Executive. 2017-07-24.
- Evo apartments - Asset Campus Housing
- FMC Tower - Brandywine Realty Trust
- Cira Green - Brandywine Realty Trust
- Evo at Cira Centre South - Emporis.com
- FMC Tower at Cira Centre South - Emporis.com
|This Philadelphia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in Pennsylvania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|