|Member of the European Parliament|
1 July 2009
26 November 1960 |
|Political party|| luxembourgish
European Green Party
Turmes has been a member of the European Parliament since 1999. In parliament, he first served on the Committee on Budgetary Control before joining the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy in 2002. In this capacity, he served as rapporteur on the 2008 draft of the EU Renewable Energy Directive 2009/28/EC and on the EU Energy Efficiency Directive 2012. Between 2007 and 2008, he was a member of the Temporary Committee on Climate Change. He also represented the Parliament at the 2008 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Poznań, Poland.
In addition to his committee assignments, Turmes is a member of the European Parliament Intergroup on LGBT Rights and of the European Parliament Intergroup on the Welfare and Conservation of Animals.
- European Forum for Renewable Energy Sources (EUFORES), President
- Agora Energiewende, Member of the Council
- Jennifer Rankin (January 30, 2008), Turmes to draft the Parliament’s renewables position European Voice.
- Green jobs initiative European Voice, July 13, 2011.
- Jennifer Rankin (November 26, 2008), MEPs flock to Poznań meeting European Voice.
- Constant Brand (April 13, 2011), Cross-party group to draft reforms for lobbying rules European Voice.
- Members European Parliament Intergroup on LGBTI Rights.
- Members European Parliament Intergroup on the Welfare and Conservation of Animals.
- Council Agora Energiewende.
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Luxembourg is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|