This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Education||Art Center College of Design|
|Awards||Society of Illustrators, Spectrum|
Cliff Nielsen is an American book illustrator and comic book artist. The Internet Speculative Fiction Database credits him with cover art for about 500 book and magazine covers published since 1994 Nielsen is best known for his work on projects such as Star Wars, The X-Files, Chronicles of Narnia among many projects including advertising campaigns, designs, and magazines. His illustrations have been recognized for their excellence by the Society of Illustrators, Print, and Spectrum among others. Feature articles focusing on his work appear in design publications and fanzine magazines. Nielsen has been an international speaker on digital art and has served as a judge for the Society of Illustrators and a variety of professional illustration award programs. He lives in Los Angeles, California.
Nielsen's works are primarily created digitally. He has illustrated the covers of several books, including:
- The Giver
- The Chronicles of Narnia 
- Star Wars 
- Star Trek 
- Wrinkle in Time 
- The Dark Tower series
- The Mortal Instruments
- The Infernal Devices
- Shadowhunter Academy
- Cirque Du Freak
- Heir Apparent
- Ranger's Apprentice
- The Inheritance Trilogy
- Tiger's Curse series
- Blood and Chocolate
- Demon in My View
- Midnight Predator
- Royal Street 
- Kiesha'ra Series
- The Chronicles of Faerie
- Buffy the Vampire Faerie
- Jane Yellowrock Series
Besides this, he was known for working in the magazine Carpe Noctem, and was interviewed as well as created a few covers. He is currently[when?] designing/writing a graphic novel known as Beloved, but it so far, has only shown at ComicCon. Nielsen has also illustrated cards for the Magic: The Gathering collectible card game.
- "Cliff Nielsen – Summary Bibliography". ISFDB. Retrieved 2014-12-20. Select a title to see its linked publication history and general information. Select a particular edition (title) for more data at that level, such as a front cover image or linked contents.
"Nielsen, Cliff"[permanent dead link]. Revised October 28, 2014. The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction (sf-encyclopedia.com). Retrieved 2014-12-20.
The entry is signed 'GW' for Gary Westfahl ("Contributors"). All information used here dates from the September 9, 2012, original version of the entry.
- Felt, Kevin (November 17, 2007). "Painter of "Magic" cards inspiring random acts of kindness", San Gabriel Valley Tribune.
- "Interview with Cliff Nielsen, cover artist for Royal Street". She-Wolf Reads. Retrieved 31 May 2015.
- Cliff Nielsen at agent Shannon Associates
- Cliff Nielsen at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Shannon Associates - Cliff Nielsen. Shannon Associates http://www.shannonassociates.com/artist/cliffnielsen. Retrieved 31 May 2015. Missing or empty
- "Faculty Bios". Art Center College of Design. Retrieved 2 June 2015.