11 January 1982 |
Coffs Harbour, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||180 cm (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||88 kg (13 st 12 lb)|
Clint Greenshields (born 11 January 1982 in Coffs Harbour, New South Wales) is an Australian former professional rugby league footballer for the North Queensland Cowboys of the National Rugby League, having previously played for the St George Illawarra Dragons and for the Catalans Dragons of the English Super League. He plays somewhat of a utility back role, allowing him to slot in at fullback, centre or at five-eighth.
A former Sawtell resident, Greenshields attended Toormina High School, who compete every year in the Robbie MacKinnon Cup against other local schools of the Coffs Harbour district. His junior club was the Sawtell Panthers JRLFC, a club recently crowned Group 2 senior champions.
Greenshields made his first grade debut for the St George Illawarra Dragons.
He moved to Catalans Dragons in 2007 and took the role as first-choice full back, becoming a key player. On 10 May 2008 it was announced that Greenshields has signed a new three-year contract with the French Super League club.
Greenshields was named in the 2008 Super League Dream Team, beating world class talents like Brent Webb and Paul Wellens to be named as the outstanding full back of the Super League season. He was also one of the front runners for the Man Of Steel award in 2008.
Greenshields returned to the NRL in 2013, signing with the North Queensland Cowboys, for whom he played 6 times, scoring three tries before succumbing to injury. He subsequently declared that the 2013 NRL season would be his last as a professional rugby league player, and announced his retirement at the end of the year. However, he later changed his mind and returned to France, signing for Elite One Championship team Limoux Grizzlies.
Qualifying via residency, Greenshields was selected for the French national rugby league team to compete in the 2009 Four Nations tournament. He made his debut against England on 23 October 2009, and played in the match against Australia.
- Junior Club: Sawtell Panthers JRLFC
- First Grade Debut: Round 9, St George Illawarra v Manly, Brookvale Oval, 9 May 2004
- "Dragons Catalans". web page. DRAGONS CATALANS S.A.S.P. 2011. Retrieved 10 June 2011.
- "Greenshields signs Catalans deal". Quins. 2008-05-10. Retrieved 2008-05-10.
- "2008 engage Super League Dream Team". Super League. 2008-09-15. Retrieved 2008-09-26.
- 6 July 2011.
- https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2009/sep/30/catalans-australians-france-four-nations France includes three Catalans Australians for Four Nations