|Initial release||January 2010|
|Kernel type||Monolithic kernel|
CloudLinux OS is a Linux distribution marketed to shared hosting providers. It is developed by software company CloudLinux, Inc. CloudLinux OS is based on the CentOS operating system; it uses the OpenVZ kernel and the rpm package manager.
CloudLinux was founded in 2009 by Igor Seletskiy . The first version of CloudLinux OS was released in January 2010. The operation system introduced compatibility with Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 6 in February 2011, and with version 7 in April 2015.
CloudLinux OS provides modified kernel based on OpenVZ kernel, adding a set of original fully functional solutions. The main feature is Lightweight Virtual Environment (LVE) – a separate environment with own CPU, memory, IO, IOPS, number of processes and other limits. Switching to CloudLinux OS is performed by provided cldeploy script which installs its kernel, switches yum repositories and installs basic packages to allow LVE work. After installation server requires rebooting to load newly installed kernel. CloudLinux OS doesn’t modify existing packages, so it is possible to boot previous kernel in regular way.
- "CloudLinux to Demonstrate I/O Limits". Softpedia.com. Retrieved September 19, 2015.
- "CloudLinux Launches KuberDock Public Beta". WBOC-TV. Retrieved September 19, 2015.[dead link]
- "CloudLinux Releases MySQL Governor". The Hosting News. Archived from the original on August 18, 2015. Retrieved September 22, 2015.
- "KernelCare: New no-reboot Linux patching system". ZDNet.com. Retrieved September 19, 2015.
- "CloudLinux Releases New Inode Limits Feature for cPanel". TheWhir.com. Retrieved September 19, 2015.
- "CloudLinux OS – mariaż pingwina z chmurą w imię hostingu". Newsweek Polska. Archived from the original on September 25, 2015. Retrieved September 19, 2015.
- "Web Hosting Centric OS". Web Hosting Magazine. Archived from the original on May 23, 2015. Retrieved September 22, 2015.
- "Inside CloudLinux's New Linux-Based Cloud OS". TheWhir.com. Retrieved September 22, 2015.
|This operating-system-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
- "CloudLinux - About the Company". www.cloudlinux.com. Retrieved September 6, 2019.