Luiz Edmundo Lucas Corrêa, usually known as Cocada (born on April 16, 1961 in Campo Grande, Mato Grosso do Sul state) is a Brazilian former football defender. He is the brother of another footballer, Müller.
His nickname, Cocada, is the name of a Brazilian popular candy made with coconut. He earned this nickname because, one day after the 1988 Campeonato Carioca final, he offered cocadas to his Flamengo's rivals.
He has also played for Vasco da Gama. On June 22, 1988, he played the Campeonato Carioca final, against Flamengo. He replaced Vivinho at the 41st minute of the second half, and scored the only goal of the match (at the 44th minute), so Vasco won the competition. After scoring the goal, he insulted Flamengo's manager, Carlinhos, because he was released on free by him when was playing for Flamengo, and was sent off by the referee.
In 1999, he started his manager career, being trained by Luiz Felipe Scolari, who was Palmeiras' manager at the time. He was Vitória's assistant manager in 2005 and 2006. He left the club after Vitória lost the Campeonato Baiano championship to Colo-Colo. Cocada has also worked on Operário's under-20 section.
He owns a football academy, where children from 10 to 16 years old can join.
- Campeonato Carioca: 1988
- CBF BID Archived 2007-09-30 at the Wayback Machine.
- Almanaque do Flamengo - Placar, São Paulo: Editora Abril, 2001, page 478.
- Vitória divulga programação para pré-temporada - Correio da Bahia (retrieved on July 30, 2006)
- Carioca 100 anos: Cocada vira símbolo no Vasco - Globo Esporte (retrieved on July 30, 2006)
- 1988 Campeonato Carioca at RSSSF Archived 2007-02-06 at the Wayback Machine.
- Cocada, ex-Vasco, fala da decisão da Copa do Brasil e do carinho pelo Vasco - Supervasco (retrieved on July 30, 2006)
- Milton Neves Site Oficial
- Pernambola Archived March 10, 2005, at the Wayback Machine.
- Cocada, ex-Vasco, fala de sua carreira e do convívio com Felipão - Supervasco (retrieved on July 30, 2006)
- Müller apresenta irmão como técnico e frustra Taubaté - O Estadão