Community Broadcasting Foundation
The Community Broadcasting Foundation (CBF) is an independent non-profit funding organisation based in Melbourne. The CBF solicits and then distributes funds that assist with the maintenance and development of community broadcasting in Australia.
The CBF aims to reflect the non-profit volunteer driven philosophy of the community broadcasting sector. As such it operates with a small secretariat and around forty volunteers who sit on various committees advising on grants and projects as well as the Board of Directors.
The Foundation distributes funding through its Grants Advisory Committees. CBF funding is designed to supplement the operational and development costs of the community broadcasting sector. Grants are made for:
- national program production
- online developments including program distribution and exchange
- station infrastructure and operational support
- national infrastructure development projects
- promotion of contemporary Australian music and musicians
- sector coordination and research.
- Community Broadcasting Association of Australia
- National Ethnic and Multicultural Broadcasters Council
- Radio Print Handicapped Network
- Australian Indigenous Communications Association
- "Community radio". Dept of Communications - Australia. 2008-02-06. Retrieved 2008-07-18.
- "About the CBF". Community Broadcasting Foundation. 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-18.
- "The Australian community broadcasting sector". Radio National. 2007-03-08. Retrieved 2008-07-18.
- "Supporting Community Broadcasting" (PDF). Dept of Finance - Australia. 2004-09-24. Retrieved 2008-07-18.
- CBF Official website