Namdeo Das Tyagi
The original name of Computer Baba is Namdeo Das Tyagi. He was given the name of "Computer Baba" (Father Computer) by a saint of Narsinghpur in 1998. This is because of the fact that he carries his laptop all the times which is his favourite gadget. News 18 wrote that the saint was "impressed with Tyagi’s interest in gadgets and technology". He hails from the city of Indore of Madhya Pradesh state. He is a member of Digambar Akhara.
In February 2014, Computer Baba made a request to Aam Aadmi Party to make him a candidate for the Indian general election, 2014 from the state of Madhya Pradesh. He justified his action of not joining the Bharatiya Janata Party and Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh by saying that "saffron brigade has only exploited sadhus and nothing else".
In March 2018, Computer Baba along with Yogendra Mahant announced that they would start a Narmada Rath Yatra, which would start on 1 April and last for 45 days. This would be done to protest against the alleged corruption which had taken place while planting saplings along the banks of the river Narmada. However, they were soon invited to a meeting on 31 March by the Chief Minister's office after which they cancelled their proposed yatra. Subsequently a committee was appointed whose job was to look after the "tree plantation, conservation and cleanliness campaign" along the banks of the river.
On 4 April 2018, Computer Baba along with 4 other sadhus were given "Minister of State" status. Opposition party Indian National Congress termed this decision as an example of appeasement politics. Computer Baba defended themselves by saying that they were rewarded for their work. Computer Baba had earlier announced that he would take out 'Narmada Ghotala (scam) Rath Yatra', along with Yogendra Mahant, in every district of Madhya Pradesh from 1 April to 15 May 2018, to expose an alleged scam in planting of saplings on the banks of the Narmada and to demand action against illegal sand mining.
- Dipti Singh (7 September 2015). "Nashik Kumbh: Of sadhus and their unique styles that grabbed eyeballs". The Indian Express. Retrieved 6 April 2018.
- "Meet Computer Baba and 4 Other Seers Who Got Mantri Status in Madhya Pradesh". News18. 4 April 2018. Retrieved 6 April 2018.
- Lalit Saxena (9 December 2015). "आईए जानें...कैसे बने ये नामदेवदास त्यागी से कम्प्यूटर बाबा [Let us know... how did Namdeodas Tyagi become Computer Baba]" (in Hindi). पत्रिका. Retrieved 6 April 2018.
- Amarjeet Singh (9 February 2014). "Computer Baba, party hoppers vie for AAP tickets from Madhya Pradesh". The Times of India. Retrieved 6 April 2018.
- "Now, 'Computer Baba' demands ban on Aamir Khan's 'PK'". Financial Express. 7 January 2015. Retrieved 6 April 2018.
- Milind Ghatwai (5 April 2018). "Computer Baba to Mahant: Get MoS status from Shivraj Singh Chouhan, call off scam protest". The Indian Express. Retrieved 6 April 2018.