||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Industry||Software (Travel & Expense Management)|
|Headquarters||Bellevue, Washington, United States|
|Steve Singh (CEO)
Rajeev Singh, Co-Founder
Michael W. Hilton, Co-Founder
Mike Eberhard, President
Number of employees
Concur Technologies is an American SaaS company, providing travel and expense management services to businesses. It is headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. SAP SE agreed to acquire Concur Technologies in September 2014 for $8.3 billion. The deal was completed in December 2014.
Concur was co-founded by Steve Singh, its CEO and Chairman of the Board.
Some statistics about the company are:
- It was number 57 on Forbes magazine's 100 Best Small Companies in 2010
- It was number 2 on CIOZone's 50 Fastest-Growing Software Companies in 2009
- It was number 28 on Business 2.0's 100 Fastest-growing tech companies list for 2007 and number 79 on BusinessWeek's "top 100 small companies to watch"
- The company was named to the Seattle Times NW 100 ranked at #12 and was previously ranked at #4. To rise to the top of The Seattle Times' rankings, companies must excel over a two-year span on four performance measurements: return on equity, stock-price appreciation, sales per employee and operating income.
The company made news in March 2009 when it was uncovered that Steve Singh, its president and CEO, did not graduate from the University of Michigan with an engineering degree as had been previously claimed in corporate filings (until 2007). While Mr. Singh had attended the university, he left before graduation to pursue his entrepreneurial interests. The board of Concur expressed confidence in his abilities and retained Singh in his current positions and said that they continued to have "complete confidence" in him following the disclosure, while expressing "regret that the mistake occurred".
The following is a list of acquisitions by Concur:
- Hipmunk (September 2016)
- GDSX, TRX (July 2013)
- conTgo (Mar 2013)
- TripIt (January 2011)
- Etap-On-Line (2009)
- Gelco (2007)
- Outtask (2006)
- Captura (2002)
- Seeker Software (1999)
- 7Software (1998)
- Concur Travel & Expense
- web and mobile solutions for travel and expense management.
- mobile travel organizer for individuals
In 2013, Concur's iOS app was selected by Apple for "Editor's Choice" category.
According to a recent report from TechNavio, Concur's key competitors include Chrome River Technologies based in Los Angeles, CA, which was founded by Alan and Harvey Rich and Dave Terry, Oracle, Apptricity, Insperity, Infor Global Solutions, and SutiSoft. A few of these vendors - Oracle, Chrome River and Sutisoft in particular - are focusing on providing integration platforms for end-to-end Software-as-a-service solutions.
Acquisition by SAP
- Soper, Taylor (4 December 2014). "Done deal: SAP completes $8.3B acquisition of Concur". GeekWire. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- Cook, John (18 September 2014). "SAP buying Concur for $8.3 billion". GeekWire. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- "#57 Concur Technologies". Forbes. October 14, 2009.
- Business 2.0 – 100 Fastest-growing tech companies
- BusinessWeek, June 4, 2007 – Hot Growth, By Christopher Palmeri – The Shock Of The Old
- DeSilver, Drew. "Buyouts reshape region's business". The Seattle Times.
- "SAP to Acquire Concur, Expanding the World's Largest Business Network". SAP News.
- Brennan, Peter J.; Hart, Dan (22 March 2009). "Concur Technologies Board Supports Chairman Singh". Bloomberg.
- Lunden, Ingrid. "Concur buys Hipmunk to add search to its travel and expense management platform". Retrieved 2016-09-21.
- "Gelco sold to Concur Technologies". July 30, 2007.
- Concur splurges $88m on Outtask | Software as Services | ZDNet.com
- InternetNews Realtime IT News – Concur Technologies Acquires Captura
- CONCUR TECHNOLOGIES INC - CNQR Securities Registration Statement (S-1/A) RISK FACTORS
- CNET - Portable's new identity
- TechNavio identifies Concur Technologies as a Major Vendor in Global SaaS-based Expense Mgmt Market