Conflict: Desert Storm II
|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (July 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Conflict: Desert Storm II|
|Release||Microsoft Windows & PlayStation 2
Conflict: Desert Storm II (Conflict: Desert Storm II: Back to Baghdad in North America) is a tactical shooter video game developed by Pivotal Games and published by SCi Games for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 2, Xbox and GameCube. It is the second instalment in the Conflict series.
The player can control one member at a time but can also give remote commands to other squad members. It is possible for two players to play simultaneously, each controlling two soldiers. Up to four can play in the Gamecube and Xbox versions. The player can use different tactics, such as focusing on a head on approach or by using stealth against a variety of forces from the Iraqi military.
The player is not limited to the original arsenal; they may find and appropriate enemy weapons and ammunitions. Different orders, such as "follow me" or "fire at will" can be given to the soldiers not being controlled by the player (who can switch control between them at will).
Set during the first Gulf War, the four squad members of either the British 22nd SAS or the US Army Delta Force must battle their way through ten missions and take out Saddam Hussein's men. Starting in Al-Hadar, the squad must link up with a delta team trapped in the city. After rendezvousing with the delta sergeant, two deltas are killed in the mortar strike as the squad heads to the communication bunker. At the communication bunker the squad must protect three deltas from the Iraqi forces before they and the sergeant are evacuated. The squad then escapes with Sgt. Arnold.
The squad is then sent to take out a communication base and are captured, leading to a break out. The squad must then take out a chemical facility where SCUD missiles are being filled with sarin gas. After destroying the chemical threat, the squad must help the 2nd Marine Division secure a refinery which has been taken over and is to be destroyed. The mission ends with an Iraqi ambush of the Marines where a number of men are killed.
The squad then support the securing of Kuwait City via the use of an M2 Bradley Fighting Vehicle, taking out numerous Iraqi infantry along the way, eventually making their way to the nearby artillery shore guns, calling in air strikes to destroy them. The game then ends with Kuwait liberated and the Emir thanking the U.N. coalition for their military assistance.
- Sergeant John Bradley - Team Leader/Rifleman
- Corporal Paul Foley - Sniper/Medic
- Corporal Mick Connors - Heavy Weapons Specialist
- Corporal David Jones - Combat Engineer/Medic
- "PlayStation 2 review". GameSpot.
- "GameCube review". GameSpot.
- "Xbox review". GameSpot.
- "Windows review". GameSpot.
- "PlayStation 2 review at IGN".
- "GameCube review". IGN.
- "Xbox review". IGN.
- "GameCube review". GameSpy.
- "Xbox review". GameSpy.
- "Aggregate score for GameCube". Game Rankings.
- "Aggregate score for PlayStation 2". Game Rankings.
- "Aggregate score for Xbox". Game Rankings.
- "Aggregate score for Windows". Game Rankings.
- "Aggregate score for GameCube". Metacritic.
- "Aggregate score for Xbox". Metacritic.
- "Aggregate score for PlayStation 2". Metacritic.
- "Aggregate score for Windows". Metacritic.