|Labels||HG Fact, Nostalgia Blackrain|
|Associated acts||dot(.), Magdalene Ju-nen, Sithter|
Ippei "TEX" Suda
Corrupted are a Japanese doom/sludge metal band. They are known for avoiding interviews and publicity. They have recorded several albums, including split albums with other artists and perform regularly in Japan and abroad.
They were described by JB Roe of Grooveshark as "some of the heaviest, gloomiest doom/sludge around, distinctly cacophonous, layering feedback pulverizing progressions into a distinctly cacophonous rumble." However, some songs feature long acoustic sections, spoken-word interludes, and unconventional instruments. An example of the latter can be found on their 2005 album El mundo frio, which is a 72-minute song with extensive sections of harp. Iann Robinson wrote on Nonelouder.com, "Right when you think you can peg Corrupted as an all Doom band they release a lush acoustic set within their bleak musical landscape."
Corrupted allow no interviews, no promo photos, and no pretension into their isolated world and rarely bother to play outside their own country, yet their music — whether it be sludge, or instrumental ambience — has had an immeasurable impact upon dozens of disciples of the heavy all across the board.
In 2002, the band released a statement about interviews:
We've never done an interview and we don't let professional photographers take our picture. This is our policy—more an attitude—that we'd like to keep. Our expression of being Corrupted is in the sound, lyrics and artwork of our records. Of course, we always appreciate the people who buy our records, see us play and support us along with the fanzines, labels, distributors and event planners. We do not reject all media, or bash writers who express themselves through articles or reviews. All are free and it's only through our personal expression of using the media that we exclude interviews.— Corrupted
- Paso inferior (1997, Frigidity Discos)
- Llenandose de gusanos (1999, HG Fact)
- Se hace por los suenos asesinos (2004, HG Fact)
- El mundo frio (2005, HG Fact)
- Garten der Unbewusstheit (2011, Nostalgia Blackrain)
- Anciano (1995, Japan Overseas)
- El dios queja (1995, Tag Rag)
- Nadie (1995, Third Culture)
- Dios injusto (1999, Frigidity Discos)
- Felicific Algorithim (2018, Cold Spring Records)
- "La victima es tu mismo" (2001, View Beyond Records)
- "Vasana" (2007, HG Fact)
- "An Island Insane" (2007, HG Fact)
- "喪失: Loss" (2015, Crust War)
- with Grief (1995), HG Fact)
- with Black Army Jacket (1997, Frigidity Discos)
- with Enemy Soil (1997, HG Fact)
- with Noothgrush (1997, Reservoir)
- with Scarver's Calling (1999, Gouge Records)
- with Phobia (1999, Rhetoric Records / Deaf American Recordings)
- with Meat Slave (2000, HG Fact)
- with Machetazo (2000, Frigidity Records)
- with Sloth (2000, self-released)
- with Discordance Axis and 324 (2001, HG Fact)
- with Cripple Bastards (2002, HG Fact)
- with Infaust (2002, Blind Date)
- Raggle Taggle (1996, Tag Rag)
- Una de gato cuerno de vaca (1996, Tee Pee Records)
- Painkiller vol. 1 (1996, Devastating Soundworks)
- Reality No. 3 (1999, Deep Six Records)
- Homeless Benefit EP (1999, Bad Card Records)
- Twin Threat to Your Sanity (2001, Bad People Records)
- Yasushi Yoshida — vocals (live-only)
- Takaho — vocals (live-only)
- Kawabata — vocals (live-only)
- Rie lambdoll — vocals (live-only)
- Hevi — vocals, bass guitar
- Talbot — guitar
- Anri — harp on El mundo frio
- Takehito Miyagi — keyboards (studio-only)
- Shibata — bass guitar
- Jose — bass guitar
- Lowell Isles — bass guitar
- Katsumi Hiryu — bass guitar
- Monger — bass guitar
- Iann Robinson. "Thirsty and Miserable: Japanese Inspirations the Boredoms, Ruins and Corrupted". Nonelouder. Archived from the original on 2008-03-17. Retrieved 2012-08-09.
- "Liveinfo". Corrupted. Archived from the original on 2012-06-15. Retrieved 2012-08-09.
- JB Roe (2008-07-30). "Japan Is Doomed". Grooveshark. Archived from the original on 2008-08-13. Retrieved 2012-08-09.
- James Minton, Kim Kelly, and Jenn Selby, "Filth Parade", Terrorizer No. 188, September 2009, p. 56.
- "Interview". Corrupted. Archived from the original on 2007-03-06. Retrieved 2007-02-11.