|Founder||Laurent Simoneau, Richard Tessier, and Marc Sanfaçon|
Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
|Louis Têtu, Chairman and CEO |
Laurent Simoneau, Founder, President, and CTO
|Products||Coveo Relevance Cloud,|
Coveo for SAP Commerce,
Coveo for Salesforce,
Coveo for ServiceNow,
Coveo for Microsoft Dynamics,
Coveo for Commerce,
Coveo for Sitecore
Number of employees
Coveo is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) search engine, powered by artificial intelligence based in Quebec, Canada. The Coveo Relevance Cloud offers solutions for ecommerce, customer service, digital workforce, and website search.
Coveo Solutions Inc. was founded in 2005 as a spin-off of Copernic Technologies Inc by Laurent Simoneau, Richard Tessier, and Marc Sanfaçon. Laurent Simoneau, Coveo's president and chief executive officer was formerly Copernic's chief operating officer. About 30 employees moved into the new company, with offices at that time in Quebec City and in Palo Alto, California. Louis Têtu, a Quebec native and former CEO of Taleo and Baan, joined Coveo in 2008 as CEO.[better source needed] In 2017, Coveo invested 5 million dollars Canadian into opening up an office in Montreal, with 25 new hires, and approximately 25 more planned for the office at the time. Since then, well over a hundred new employees have joined the Montreal office, which has expanded onto additional floors of the historic Gare Windsor building. As of June 2020, the company had over 500 employees.
In July 2019, Coveo announced the acquisition of Tooso, an AI-based digital commerce engines company. In October 2021, Coveo acquired Qubit, in AI-powered personalization technology for merchandising teams.
In April 2018, Evergreen Coast Capital led a $100 million investment into Coveo. With this investment, Bill Shaheen of Evergreen joined the Coveo board of directors.
Coveo also received another round of funding in November 2019 for $227 million Canadian lead by OMERS Private Equity yielding a valuation of $1 billion US.
Coveo’s LTM total revenue as of Q2 FY’22 was $72M.  As of Q3 FY’22, Coveo’s SaaS Subscription Revenue and total revenue grew 50% and 39% year-over-year, respectively. The company had a Net Expansion Rate of 112% as of Q3 FY’22, and 91% of total revenue came from SaaS subscriptions in Q3 FY’22.
- Hicks, Matthew (October 26, 2004). "Copernic Ready to Take On Google In Enterprise Search Product". eWeek.
- "Louis Tetu". LinkedIn. July 3, 2017.
- Couture, Pierre. "Coveo prend de l'expansion". Le Journal de Québec (in French). Retrieved 2017-07-03.
- "Coveo". Craft.co. 2020-06-01. Retrieved 2020-06-20.
- "Coveo Acquires Tooso to Expand Its AI-powered Digital Commerce Technology" (Press release). PR Newswire. July 9, 2019. Archived from the original on 2019-12-20. Retrieved 2019-12-20 – via Yahoo! Finance.
- Gagaro, David (October 15, 2021). "AI-powered personalization provider Qubit gets acquired by Coveo". VentureBeat.
- Galang, Jessica (April 4, 2018). "Coveo announces $100 million investment led by Evergreen Coast Capital". Betakit.
- Lunden, Ingrid (6 November 2019). "Coveo raises US$172M at $1B+ valuation for AI-based enterprise search and personalization". TechCrunch. Retrieved 6 November 2019.
- "Téléchargement des dossiers SEDAR - vérification du code et acceptation des Modalités d'utilisation".