A curb stomp, also called curbing, curb checking, or making someone bite the curb is a form of assault in which a victim's mouth is forcefully placed on a curb and then stomped from behind, causing severe injuries and sometimes death.
- In 2003, Tacoma, Washington resident Randall Townsend was killed by two people in a curb-stomping incident that has been described as a hate crime.
- On August 26, 2011, Dane Hall was curb stomped in an attack outside a gay bar in Salt Lake City, Utah. He lost six teeth and suffered a broken jaw as a result of the attack.
- On July 2002 the 16-years old Marinus Schöberl was tortured by young neo-nazis in an abandoned pigsty in Potzlow (Eastern Germany) and killed after curb-stomping.
WWE professional wrestler Seth Rollins previously used a Curb Stomp as his finishing move. Rollins said that he stopped using the move as "from a PR standpoint... it was too perceptually violent... I never hurt anyone with it. It was just something we didn't want kids trying on each other".
- "More arrests in curb stomping death". CBC News. 2000-06-03. Retrieved 2014-05-04.
- "VolksFront". Gangland. November 28, 2014.
- "Tacoma murder revisited".
- Pat Reavy (September 1, 2011). "Gay man severely beaten outside club says he was victim of hate crime". Deseret News.
- Matt Barone; Javy Rodriguez; Ross Scarano; Tara Aquino (May 5, 2013). "50 Most Hard-To-Watch scenes in movie history". Complex Pop Culture.
- John Sellers (July 27, 2009). "Curb-Stomp — An Oral History of the Grisly 'American History X' Scene". True Slant. Retrieved May 4, 2014.
- "Curb Stomp". Giant Bomb. Retrieved May 4, 2014.
- Traina, Jimmy. "Seth Rollins talks Brock Lesnar, Johnny Manziel, curb stomp, John Cena and more". Fox Sports. Retrieved December 14, 2015.