A curb stomp, also called curbing, curb checking, curb painting, or making someone bite the curb is a form of assault in which a victim's mouth is forcefully placed on a curb and then stomped from behind, causing severe injuries and sometimes death.
- In July 2002, 16-year old German Marinus Schöberl was tortured by young, underage neo-Nazis in an abandoned pigsty in Oberuckersee (in the German state of Brandenburg) and killed after curb-stomping. The main perpetrator, who was 17 at the time of the killing, was released after serving eight years in prison.
- In 2003, Tacoma, Washington resident Randall Townsend was murdered by four people. David Nikos Pillatos, Scotty James Butters, and Tristain Lynn Frye beat and kicked Townsend while Kurtis William Monschke delivered the final blow: curb-stomping. Monschke had recently been named head of the Washington chapter of Volksfront. "Prosecutors said the attack was meant to lift Monschke's status in the white supremacist movement and to earn Frye a pair of red shoelaces, with the red signifying the drawing of blood."  
Scotty James Butters and David Nikos Pillatos pled to first-degree murder, accepted a plea agreement and testified against Monschke in exchange for being able to request that their imprisonment be no more than approximately 30 years. in June 2004, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled "a sentence longer than the standard range could not be ordered by a judge without action by a jury, meaning Butters and Pillatos could face no more than 31 years in prison." 
- On August 26, 2011, Dane Hale was curb stomped in an attack outside a gay bar in Salt Lake City, Utah. He lost six teeth and suffered a broken jaw as a result of the attack.
On the American television series "Big Brother" 2018 season 20 episode 21, Houseguest Sam Bledsoe defines for fellow Houseguest J.C. Mounduix a "curb stomp" and terrifies him in the process.
WWE professional wrestler Seth Rollins previously used a Curb Stomp as his finishing move. Rollins said that he stopped using the move as "from a PR standpoint... it was too perceptually violent... I never hurt anyone with it. It was just something we didn't want kids trying on each other". On the January 15, 2018, edition of Monday Night Raw, Rollins used the move once again to win a match against Finn Bálor, with announcer Corey Graves referring to it as the "Blackout".
In the Bollywood movie Shootout at Lokhandwala, a scene is depicted where Vivek Oberoi curb stomps a local resident who informs the police about Aslam (Oberoi's friend) who is encountered by the police.
A track by American hip hop artist JPEGMAFIA named after the act was included on his second album Veteran.
- "More arrests in curb stomping death". CBC News. 2000-06-03. Retrieved 2014-05-04.
- "VolksFront". Gangland. November 28, 2014.
- "STATE v. MONSCHKE, No. 31847-4-II (WN. 2006)".
- https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/2004/kurtis-monschke-and-other-racists-commit-violent-killing. Missing or empty
- https://lmtribune.com/northwest/woman-sentenced-in-transient-s-killing/article_d1a9e5cb-caa2-59d0-a0ed-480a7452cd4e.html. Missing or empty
- https://culteducation.com/group/1173-white-supremacists/19842-court-bars-move-for-extra-long-sentences-in-transient-stomping-death.html. Missing or empty
- "Tacoma murder revisited".
- Pat Reavy (September 1, 2011). "Gay man severely beaten outside club says he was victim of hate crime". Deseret News.
- Matt Barone; Javy Rodriguez; Ross Scarano; Tara Aquino (May 5, 2013). "50 Most Hard-To-Watch scenes in movie history". Complex Pop Culture.
- John Sellers (July 27, 2009). "Curb-Stomp — An Oral History of the Grisly 'American History X' Scene". True Slant. Retrieved May 4, 2014.
- Traina, Jimmy. "Seth Rollins talks Brock Lesnar, Johnny Manziel, curb stomp, John Cena and more". Fox Sports. Retrieved December 14, 2015.