A curb stomp, also called a "California smile", "Chicago kiss" or making someone bite the curb is a form of assault in which a victim's mouth is forcefully placed on a curb and then stomped from behind, causing severe injuries and sometimes death.
- In 2003, Tacoma, Washington resident Randall Townsend was killed by two white people in a curb-stomping incident that has been described as a hate crime.
- On August 26, 2011, Dane Hall was curb stomped in a homophobic attack outside a gay bar in Salt Lake City, Utah. He lost six teeth and suffered a broken jaw as a result of the attack.
- In the film American History X (1998), a white power skinhead curb stomps a black burglar who had tried to steal his truck.
- In the film Blitz (2011), a serial killer played by Aidan Gillen curb stomps a victim on the sidewalk.
- In the video game Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Ezio can curb stomp enemies in certain situations.
- The third-person shooter video game Gears of War features a graphic depiction of a curb stomp.
- In the video game Resident Evil 5, Chris Redfield can curb stomp certain majini when they are in a prone position and when certain other conditions are met.
- In the computer game Surgeon Simulator 2013 A&E Anniversary Edition, there is an achievement titled "No Need To Curb Stomp Him" obtained during a Teeth Transplant in an Ambulance.
- In the video game BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma, the DLC character Yūki Terumi can execute multiple special moves, including curb stomping the opponent.
- In the video game WWE 2K15, Seth Rollins uses the curb stomp as his finishing maneuver as long as he has generated enough hype and executed a powerful enough signature move.
- In the video game WWE 2K for mobile devices, Seth Rollins uses the curb stomp as his finishing maneuver as long as he has generated enough hype and executed a powerful enough signature move.
- In the video game Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number many characters use curb stomps to execute enemies knocked down on the ground.
- The novel Omega Minor, by the Flemish author Paul Verhaeghen, describes neo-Nazis curb stomping Turkish gang members during a riot.
- WWE professional wrestler Seth Rollins previously used a 'curb stomp' as his finishing move. The move was reported to have been banned in WWE by gossip site Wrestle Zone because of concerns of head injuries, but the move has not been banned in other wrestling promotions. Seth Rollins is now using the pedigree finisher adapted from Triple H.
- Professional Wrestler Super Dragon also uses a move called the curb stomp, it is however different from the one Seth Rollins uses.
- In the animated TV show Family Guy, Meg curb stomps Peter in the episode "Dial Meg for Murder" as a parody of the aforementioned American History X.
- In the TV series Gang Related, Javier Acosta uses a curb stomp to kill the Metas gang leader.
- In the TV series The Sopranos, Tony Soprano curb stomps Coco for making menacing sexual references to his daughter Meadow in season 6, episode 19, "The Second Coming".
- In the music video for Work Work by experimental hip-hop group clipping., front-man Daveed Diggs is curbed stomped by feature Cocc Pistol Cree ending in Diggs head smashing into ceramic fragments with rodents coming out of his neck.
- "More arrests in curb stomping death". CBC News. 2000-06-03. Retrieved 2014-05-04.
- "VolksFront". Gangland. November 28, 2014.
- "Tacoma murder revisited".
- Pat Reavy (2011-09-01). "Gay man severely beaten outside club says he was victim of hate crime". Deseret News.
- Matt Barone, Javy Rodriguez, Ross Scarano, Tara Aquino (2013-05-05). "50 Most Hard-To-Watch scenes in movie history". Complex Pop Culture.
- John Sellers (2009-07-27). "Curb-Stomp — An Oral History of the Grisly ‘American History X’ Scene". True Slant. Retrieved 2014-05-04.
- "Curb Stomp". Giant Bomb. Retrieved 2014-05-04.
- "Seth Rollins' Curb Stomp 'Has NOT Been Banned By WWE'". MTV News. 2015-04-21.