Custos Rotulorum of Nottinghamshire
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Michael Stanhope bef. 1544–1552
- Sir John Byron, Sr. by 1562–1567. 
- Edward Manners, 3rd Earl of Rutland bef. 1573–1587
- John Manners, 4th Earl of Rutland 1587–1588
- Sir Thomas Stanhope bef. 1594–1596
- William Sutton 1597–1600
- William Cecil, 2nd Earl of Exeter 1600–1640
- William Cavendish, 1st Duke of Newcastle-upon-Tyne 1640–1646
- William Cavendish, 1st Duke of Newcastle-upon-Tyne 1660–1676
- Henry Cavendish, 2nd Duke of Newcastle-upon-Tyne 1677–1688
- William Pierrepont, 4th Earl of Kingston-upon-Hull 1689–1690
- John Holles, 1st Duke of Newcastle-upon-Tyne 1694–1711
For later custodes rotulorum, see Lord Lieutenant of Nottinghamshire.
- "BYRON (BERON), Sir John (1487/88-1567), of Colwick and Newstead, Notts.". History of Parliament Online. The History of Parliament Trust 1964-2013. Retrieved 2013-11-20.