Dacre Kayd Montgomery-Harvey
22 November 1994
|Alma mater||Edith Cowan University (BA)|
Dacre Kayd Montgomery-Harvey (//; born 22 November 1994) is an Australian actor. He is known for his roles as Billy Hargrove in the Netflix series Stranger Things and as Jason Scott in the 2017 film Power Rangers. In 2019, he released his own podcast titled "DKMH", which features his own poetry.
Montgomery was born in Perth, Western Australia, to a Canadian mother Judith Barrett-Lennard and a New Zealander father Scott Montgomery-Harvey. He has one younger sister, Saskia. His parents worked in the screen industry in Australia. Montgomery began performing on screen and in theater at the age of nine. Montgomery attended Mount Lawley Senior High School in his hometown. When Montgomery was in Year 12, his fellow students voted for him to be "The most likely student to become a Hollywood star" in the annual yearbook. Montgomery continued his studies in the dramatic arts throughout his secondary schooling. Montgomery completed his acting degree at the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts at Edith Cowan University in 2015. In an Instagram post, Dacre said that he was a lost kid. He had a hard time in school, due to the fact he was suffering from anxiety at a young age. He claims he was bullied through his school years due to his weight. He also failed his drama exams in high school. At the age of 18, he was fired from his [unknown] job, and was told to leave his drama school.
Montgomery's first role came when he appeared in Betrand the Terrible as Fred, in 2010. In 2011, he appeared in a TV Pilot called Family Tree. In 2015, Montgomery appeared in the music video for "Old Souls" by Australian deathcore band Make Them Suffer directed by Jason Eshraghian.
Montgomery starred as Jason Scott, leader of the Power Rangers, in the Power Rangers feature film reboot. The film was released in 2017. Montgomery also appeared in Australian music duo Angus & Julia Stone's music video for their song "Chateau". He also appeared in the sequel to the Australian comedy A Few Best Men, titled A Few Less Men.
On 6 November 2017, Montgomery was announced to be joining The True History of the Kelly Gang based on the novel of the same name by Peter Carey, alongside Russell Crowe and Nicholas Hoult. However, he does not appear in the final film.
On 11 July 2019, he released his own podcast titled "DKMH", which features his own poetry. The description of the podcast states that he spent two years compiling his own poetry and getting "wonderfully talented" musicians to help him "bring it to life".
In 2022, Montgomery starred in the film Elvis, directed by Baz Luhrmann.
|2011||Betrand the Terrible||Fred|
|2015||Godot's Clinic||Barnabus Stottle|
|2017||A Few Less Men||Mike|
|2017||Power Rangers||Jason Scott / Red Ranger|
|2017||Better Watch Out||Jeremy|
|2020||The Broken Hearts Gallery||Nick Danielson|
|2017–2022||Stranger Things||Billy Hargrove||Main cast (seasons 2–3); guest star (season 4)|
|2015||"Old Souls"||Make Them Suffer||Robert||Jason Eshraghian|
|2017||"Chateau"||Angus & Julia Stone||Lead Man||Jessie Hill|
Awards and nominations
|2017||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Sci-Fi Movie Actor||Power Rangers||Nominated|||
|2018||Screen Actors Guild Awards||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||Stranger Things||Nominated|||
|2018||MTV Movie & TV Awards||Scene Stealer||Nominated|||
|2020||Screen Actors Guild Awards||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||Nominated|
- Robberson, Joe (8 November 2017). "10 Things You Didn't Know About TV's Newest Bad Boy Dacre Montgomery". Zimbio. Retrieved 9 October 2018.
- "WAAPA student named new Power Ranger". yahoo.com. Archived from the original on 17 November 2015. Retrieved 14 November 2015.
- "WAAPA Acting graduates to showcase in LA". WAAPA. 19 July 2018. Retrieved 23 May 2019.
- "Aussie Dacre Montgomery lands big break in Stranger Things season two". news.com.au. 15 October 2016. Retrieved 23 May 2019.
- "Our boy Dacre Montgomery who starred in... - Make Them Suffer - Facebook". Facebook.
- Jeff Sneider (20 October 2015). "'Power Rangers' Movie Casts Newcomer Dacre Montgomery as Red Ranger". TheWrap.
- James, Adam (30 October 2017). "Why Billy and Max from Stranger Things 2 look so familiar". Looper. Retrieved 23 May 2019.
- Petski, Denise (14 October 2016). "'Stranger Things' Netflix Series Adds Two New Regulars, Promotes Two For Season 2". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "Russell Crowe, Nicholas Hoult to Star in Western 'True History of the Kelly Gang'". The Hollywood Reporter. 6 November 2017.
- "DKMH on Apple Podcasts". Apple Podcasts.
- Santos, Julianna (13 August 2017). "Teen Choice Awards 2017: 'Riverdale,' Fifth Harmony Shut Out Competition". Variety. Variety. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- Santos, Julianna (13 December 2017). "SAG Award Nominations: Complete List". Variety. Variety. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- Santos, Juliana (3 May 2018). "MTV Movie & TV Awards 2018 Nominations: See the Full List". Billboard. Billboard. Retrieved 10 May 2018.