Daejeon Science High School
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Daejeon Science High School|
|Revised Romanization||Daejeon Gwahak Godeung Hakgyo|
|McCune–Reischauer||Taejeon Kwahak Kodŭng Hakkyo|
|Motto||Honesty, Diligence, Creation|
|Type||Science High School|
|Location||Daejeon, South Korea|
|Campus||19-2, Guseong-dong, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon|
The graduates of the school usually go to science or engineering schools in KAIST, Seoul National University, University of Western Australia and other prestigious universities in Korea and in the world, and also medical schools in Korea.
- November 21, 1983 Official permission of school foundation (6 classrooms, 60 students)
- March 7, 1984 Opened school and took first entrance ceremony.
- January 7, 1986 Opened dormitory Yeomyung-Gwan(黎明館)
- June 11, 1992 Altering school regulations (9 classrooms in total)
- May 6, 1994 School building newly constructed in new place and moved.
- January 31, 2006 Altering school regulations (12 classrooms, 216 students)
- March 1, 2009 Altering school regulations (15 classrooms, 270 students)
- Main Building (Seongdu-Gwan)
- 9 Classrooms for students, library(Yeomyeongmaru), office, multimedia room, Soya art gallary, electron microscope room, etc.
- Hi-Tech Science Building (Dasan-Gwan)
- The science building houses labs equipped with the latest facilities and devices
- 7-story building, astronomical telescopes in roof
- A center for research the engages students and professors
- Dormitories (Yeomyeong-Gwan)
- 69 rooms in the old building(for 1st grde male students), 68 rooms in the new building(for 1st grade female students, 2nd, 3rd students)
- 7 Studying rooms, 4 Debating rooms, 2 Internet rooms, 1 Exercising rooms
- Cafeteria & Gym
- 200 seats cafeteria in 1st floor
- Gym for basketball, badminton, table tennis, etc. in 2nd floor