Dag Arnesen, 2014 (Photo by Knut Andersen)
|Birth name||Dag Syver Arnesen|
3 May 1950 |
Bergen, Hordaland, Norway
Arnesen was born in Bergen, and studied classical piano under Jiri Hlinka at the Bergen Music Conservatory and got a commitment by Den Nationale Scene. Eventually he went to jazz and played in the 1970s with the Arvid Genius' orchestra, and led his own Trios, Quartets and Septetter og 13'tets. There were several records under his own name and he is still in the Bergen Big Band. Arnesen has also lived in Oslo and played in the jazz bands Søyr, Orleysa, various groups led by the late international Norwegian guitarist Thorgeir Stubø, vokalist Susanne Fuhr, saxophonists Knut Riisnæs and Odd Riisnæs and orchestra leader Kjell Karlsen. In the Bergen-based Sigurd Ulveseth Quartet he has participated on three releases, and Arnesen also led the local Evans Jazzclub.
- 2014: Gammleng Award category Jazz
- 2009: Buddyprisen, awarded at Dokkhuset in Trondheim.
- 2003: Sildajazz Prize
- 1994: The Grieg Prize
- 1993: NOPA work of the Year Prize for Rusler rundt 152
- 1992: Vossajazzprisen
- 1982: Reenskog jazz Award
- 1982: Ny Bris (Odin), his own music, performed with Frank Jakobsen, Kåre Garnes, Olav Dale, Ole Thomsen and Per Jørgensen
- 1988: Speak Low (Taurus), with Kåre Garnes, Odd Riisnæs, Tom Olstad
- 1989: Renascent (Odin), with Svein Christiansen and Bjørn Kjellemyr
- 1990: The day after (Taurus) with Bjørn Kjellemyr, Odd Riisnæs, Svein Christiansen feat. Wenche Gausdal
- 1992: Photographs (Taurus) with Svein Christiansen, Terje Gewelt and Wenche Gausdal
- 1994: Movin' (Taurus), instrumental album Terje Gewelt and Svein Christiansen
- 1996: Rusler rundt Grieg (NOPA NN), with a 13-man orchestra
- 1998: Inner lines (Resonant), with Terje Gewelt and Svein Christiansen
- 2005: Time enough (Resonant) with Terje Gewelt and Pål Thowsen
- 2007: Norwegian Song (Resonant) with Terje Gewelt and Pål Thowsen
- 2009: Norwegian Songs 2 (Resonant) with Terje Gewelt and Pål Thowsen
- 2010: Norwegian Songs 3 (Losen) with Ellen Andrea Wang and[Pål Thowsen
- 2015: Grieg, Tveitt & I (Losen)
- 2017: Pentagon Tapes (Losen)
- "Jazz pianist". Mulemusic.no. Retrieved 2015-11-17.
- "Arnesen, Dag". Biografi. Norsk Musikkinformasjon, MIC.no. Archived from the original on 2015-01-03.
- Ann Kristin Ødegård, Jazzer med Grieg in Jazznytt
- Mosnes, Terje (2010-10-28). ""Norwegian Song 3" i fin, ny stil - Riview" (in Norwegian). Dagbladet. Retrieved 2012-12-12.
- Helgheim, Roald (2015-05-02). "Grieg, Tveitt & I" (in Norwegian). Dagsavisen. Retrieved 2015-05-02.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dag Arnesen.|
|Recipient of the Vossajazzprisen
Svein Olav Herstad
|Recipient of the Sildajazzprisen
Alf Wilhelm Lundberg
|Recipient of the Buddyprisen
|Recipient of the Jazz class Gammleng-prisen