Belmonte at the 2016 Olympics
|Full name||Dailín Belmonte Torres|
October 15, 1985 |
Santiago de Cuba, Cuba
|Education||Universidad de Oriente|
|Height||158 cm (5 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||52 kg (115 lb)|
|Event(s)||3000 to half marathon and marathon|
|Coached by||Rafael McBeath|
|Achievements and titles|
|Personal best(s)||3000 m – 9:39.9 (2005)
5000 m – 16:14.01 (2011)
10,000 m – 34:16.6 (2008)
HM – 1:14:11 (2009)
Mar – 2:38:08 (2012)
|Updated on 1 January 2015.|
Dailín Belmonte Torres (born October 15, 1985) is a Cuban long-distance runner who specialises in marathon running. She won two medals at the 2009 Central American and Caribbean Championships in Athletics and was fourth at the 2011 Pan American Games. She has a personal best of 2:38:08 hours for the marathon, set at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
Belmonte began to establish herself on the track in 2003, when she ran a national junior record of 35:20.14 minutes for the 10,000 metres. The 2005 ALBA Games was hosted in Havana and she ran in both the 5000 metres and the 10,000 m, picking up bronze and silver medals respectively. She made her half marathon debut in Havana in February 2007 and ran a time of 76:48 minutes. She won another track silver at the 2007 ALBA Games in the 10,000 m and won the 5000 m at the Barrientos Memorial. In November she won the Marabana half marathon. She stepped up to the marathon distance in running a time of 2:47:56 hours in February,
Belmonte ran a half marathon best of 74:11 minutes in February 2009, then moved up to fourth on the Cuban all-time lists with a run of 2:39:57 hours in Santa Clara, Cuba. At the 2009 Central American and Caribbean Championships in Athletics, held in Havana, she topped the half marathon podium and claimed second in the 10,000 m behind fellow Cuban Yudileyvis Castillo. She ended her season with a half marathon win at the Marabana. She was the 5000 m champion at the Barrientos Memorial in 2010. In the marathon that year, she won at the Olimpiada del Deporte Cubano and was runner-up at the Panama City Marathon.
She completed a half marathon/10,000 m double at the 2011 ALBA Games in Barquisimeto. Her best marathon time of the season came in Artemisa, where she won in 2:41:57 hours. She gained her selection for the 2011 Pan American Games and she came fourth in that race, behind Peru's Gladys Tejeda. She was fourth at the 2012 Madrid Marathon and her time of 2:41:07 was enough to gain a place on the Cuban Olympic team. She ran a personal best at the 2012 London Olympics, placing 69th. She finished 102nd at the 2016 Olympics.
|2005||ALBA Games||La Habana, Cuba||3rd||5000 m||16:35.58|
|2007||ALBA Games||Caracas, Venezuela||2nd||10,000 m||36:04.64|
|2009||Central American and Caribbean Championships||La Habana, Cuba||2nd||10,000 m||36:40.32|
|1st||Half marathon||1:20:21 hrs|
|2011||ALBA Games||Barquisimeto, Venezuela||1st||10,000 m||34:52.59|
|Pan American Games||Guadalajara, México||4th||Marathon||2:43:39|
|2012||Olympic Games||London, United Kingdom||70th||Marathon||2:38:08 hrs PB|
|2014||Pan American Sports Festival||Ciudad de México, México||8th||5000m||17:53.20 A|
|Central American and Caribbean Games||Xalapa, México||2nd||Marathon||2:42:01 A|
|2015||World Championships||Beijing, China||51st||Marathon||2:56:18|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mary Joy Tabal.|
- Dailín Belmonte. Sports reference
- Dailin Belmonte. London 2012. Retrieved on 2012-07-21.
- Dailin Belmonte. nbcolympics.com
- Dailin Belmonte Archived 2016-08-26 at the Wayback Machine.. rio2016.com
- Dailín Belmonte profile at IAAF
- Dailin Belmonte. Tilastopaja. Retrieved on 2012-07-21.
- Clavelo Robinson, Javier (2007-05-28). Robles 13.17, Moreno reaches 74.90 at Barrientos Memorial. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-07-21.
- Marabana Marathon. Association of Road Racing Statisticians (2012-03-26). Retrieved on 2012-07-21.
- Dailin Belmonte; cuarta en Madrid y pre-clasificada a Londres. Depor Cuba. Retrieved on 2012-07-21.
- Clavelo Robinson, Javier (2009-07-04). “Things on course for Berlin” – Savigne, world leading 14.97m; Robles runs 13.18w – CAC Champs Day 1 Archived 2009-09-26 at the Wayback Machine.. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-07-21.
- Clavelo Robinson, Javier (2010-03-23). Barrios steals the show at Barrientos Memorial. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-07-21.
- Dailin Belmonte Torres Archived 2016-01-05 at the Wayback Machine.. INDER. Retrieved on 2012-07-21.
- Dailin Belmonte. Guadalajara2011. Retrieved on 2012-07-22.
- Valiente, Emeterio (2012-04-22). Korir and Agai the unexpected victors in Madrid. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-07-22.
- Cuba announces team of 47 for London Games. IAAF (2012-07-16). Retrieved on 2012-07-21.