CSI: Miami (season 6)
|CSI: Miami (season 6)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||21|
|Original release||September 24, 2007– May 19, 2008|
As Alexx bids farewell to the team, Horatio and her successor find themselves victims of fatal gun-play; but all is not as it appears during the sixth season of CSI: Miami. As Eric fights to regain control of his life, help comes from an unlikely source in the form of deceased Detective Tim Speedle. Horatio faces off with a vengeful private investigator, whilst his undercover past, and his son, come back to haunt him. A body in a sinkhole, internet predators, Horatio's extradition to Brazil and Calleigh's untimely kidnapping only compound the issues the struggles of Caine, Duquesne and their elite team of Crime Scene Investigators.
Despite being credited for the entire season, Khandi Alexander only appeared in the first 19 episodes and departed the cast as a series regular. Only 13 episodes had been completed before the 2007 Writers Guild of America strike. After the strike, eight more episodes were made, resulting in a 21 episode season.
- David Caruso as Horatio Caine; a Lieutenant and the Director of the MDPD Crime Lab.
- Emily Procter as Calleigh Duquesne; a veteran Detective, the CSI Assistant Supervisor and a ballistics expert.
- Adam Rodriguez as Eric Delko; a CSI Detective and Wolfe's partner.
- Khandi Alexander as Alexx Woods; a Medical Examiner assigned to CSI. (Episodes 1-19)
- Jonathan Togo as Ryan Wolfe; a CSI Detective and Delko's partner.
- Rex Linn as Frank Tripp; a senior homicide Detective.
- Eva LaRue as Natalia Boa Vista; a CSI Detective.
- Sofia Milos as Yelina Salas; a Private Investigator.
- Rory Cochrane as Tim Speedle; a deceased MDPD Detective.
- Johnny Whitworth as Jake Berkeley; an undercover MDPD Detective.
- Alison McAtee as Shannon Higgins; the team's newest Medical Examiner.
- Evan Ellingson as Kyle Harmon; Horatio's son.
- Elizabeth Berkley as Julia Winston; Kyle's mother.
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||U.S. viewers
|122||1||"Dangerous Son"||Sam Hill||Marc Dube & Krystal Houghton||September 24, 2007||15.08|
|Horatio investigates the murder of a probation officer and soon comes to believe that one of the chief suspects in the crime may be a son he never knew he had. To confirm his suspicions, he hires Yelina to investigate the boy's background. Later, a prison guard's wife is kidnapped and held for ransom.|
|123||2||"Cyber-lebrity"||Matt Earl Beesley||Corey Evett & Matt Partney||October 1, 2007||14.72|
|Stalkers turn an innocent teenage swimming star into a sex symbol, plastering photos of her over all the internet, causing complications for the CSI team when the swimmer's boyfriend is murdered during her swim meet. When following her it is discovered Horatio may be in danger after his testimony in a grand jury.|
|124||3||"Inside Out"||Gina Lamar||Sunil Nayar & John Haynes||October 8, 2007||14.45|
|After Horatio's son goes missing when a prison transport is attacked Horatio must find him. Upon learning of the identity of Kyle he is targeted in order to get at Lt. Caine, who must find him before it is too late. Tripp also gets into trouble when it is suspected that he shot a deaf woman as the prisoners escaped. Meanwhile Ryan causes tension with his former colleagues when he is hired as an expert witness for the defense.|
|125||4||"Bang, Bang, Your Debt"||Karen Gaviola||Brian Davidson & Barry O'Brien||October 15, 2007||15.59|
|A young woman dies from carbon monoxide poisoning but the man with her survives, in what appears to be a suicide pact related to their credit card debt. Meanwhile, Delko starts seeing his dead colleague Tim Speedle due to hallucinations resulting from the brain injury he sustained in the previous season.|
|126||5||"Deep Freeze"||Sam Hill||Elizabeth Devine||October 22, 2007||15.66|
|A legendary football hero is stabbed to death while talking to a reporter on the phone. The case hits an immediate snag when the lab isn't allowed to take the body because of the victim's wish to be cryogenically frozen. Robbery appears to be the motive, but as the probe deepens it's learned the sports icon wasn't revered by everyone. Also, Stetler learns about the relationship between Calleigh and Jake, and puts pressure on them to end it.|
|127||6||"Sunblock"||Christine Moore||Corey Miller||October 29, 2007||14.85|
|A man is strangled to death near a hotel pool during a total eclipse of the sun and evidence found at the scene suggests the killer may not be fully human. Twelve hours later, a woman is murdered in similar fashion in her apartment. The probe reveals the first victim dealt drugs out of a hotel cabana, while the second victim spent most of her time in Internet chat rooms. Also, Ryan is reinstated, and Alexx is taken to a hospital after collapsing in the lab.|
|128||7||"Chain Reaction"||Scott Lautanen||Brian Davidson & Matt Partney & Corey Evett||November 5, 2007||14.07|
|A model dies by electrocution on a runway during a fashion show, and the investigation reveals the death wasn't an accident but murder. The probe also turns up evidence that the victim is connected to the man who kidnapped Horatio's son, which may mean that Kyle is in greater danger than Horatio feared.|
|129||8||"Permanent Vacation"||Eagle Egilsson||Barry O'Brien & Krystal Houghton||November 12, 2007||15.46|
|A young man is shot to death in a hotel elevator, and the murder appears to have ties to a gang initiation. Meanwhile, every member of the victim's family is bent on exacting revenge on the shooter.|
|130||9||"Stand Your Ground"||Joe Chappelle||Marc Dube & John Haynes||November 19, 2007||15.83|
|Calleigh could find herself in trouble after she is involved in an off-duty shooting. Meanwhile, the shooting leads detectives to a separate murder, which is connected to drug dealers.|
|131||10||"CSI: My Nanny"||Jonathan Glassner||Corey Miller & Krystal Houghton||November 26, 2007||15.58|
|A wealthy family's nanny is murdered during a lavish party. The investigation reveals the victim had just been fired from her job by the children's jealous mother and that $250,000 is missing from the house safe. The suspect pool grows bigger when the team discover a hidden camera in the room and that the dead nanny and a previous nanny both knew the combination.|
|132||11||"Guerillas in the Mist"||Carey Meyer||Barry O'Brien & Brian Davidson||December 10, 2007||14.11|
|Three gunrunners are killed by a new high-tech weapon called "The Vaporizer." And after Horatio interviews the CEO of the defense contractor that made the weapon, he also turns up dead.|
|133||12||"Miami Confidential"||Sam Hill||Marc Dube||December 17, 2007||14.01|
|While investigating the murder of a young woman, the CSIs uncover a meth lab in her apartment and an unscrupulous FBI agent with a secret life of his own.|
|134||13||"Raising Caine"||Gina Lamar||Sunil Nayar||January 14, 2008||14.80|
|A billionaire is murdered in his Miami home just before he can sign an important legal document. When Horatio arrives on the scene, he's shocked to discover that the victim's widow is his former lover and Kyle's mother. She is also a leading suspect in her husband's homicide. In court, Kyle goes on trial for kidnapping and his mother makes it clear she will do anything to regain custody of him.|
|135||14||"You May Now Kill the Bride"||Eagle Egilsson||Barry O'Brien||March 24, 2008||16.06|
|The CSI investigates the death of a bride which leads them to a strip club for investigation. As more investigation goes on, the CSI finds out the bride may not be the target by the killer.|
|136||15||"Ambush"||Sam Hill||Corey Evett & Matt Partney||March 31, 2008||15.65|
|The CSIs find the body of Kathleen Newberry, but the money she got is missing. Horatio pays another visit to Julia Winston, but Julia has Horatio arrested for the murder of Antonio Riaz and extradited to Brazil. While investigating the case, Calleigh finds out her crime scene photos have been stolen and posted on the internet. The website eventually leads to ex-lab technician Dan Cooper, who has a personal grudge against Calleigh. Calleigh is kidnapped by somebody who knows her through the internet.|
|137||16||"All In"||Joe Chappelle||Krystal Houghton||April 1, 2008||14.23|
|Calleigh's kidnappers want her to cover up a murder. Horatio returns from Brazil, and he and the team race to find Calleigh before her kidnappers decide she's no longer needed.|
|138||17||"To Kill a Predator"||Matt Earl Beesley||Brian Davidson||April 21, 2008||14.38|
|The team springs into action to stop a vigilante who is hunting down and killing Internet predators, who were exposed on a show which lures predators by pretending to be teenage girls. Horatio ends the episode as he prepares to torture the predator, claiming that he was resisting arrest.|
|139||18||"Tunnel Vision"||Karen Gaviola||Tamara Jaron||April 28, 2008||13.88|
|After a body is found in a sinkhole, the team's investigation into the victim's death leads them to a robbery where the target is keeping a shocking secret.|
|140||19||"Rock and a Hard Place"||Gina Lamar||Marc Dube||May 5, 2008||14.11|
|When Alexx's son becomes a suspect in a murder, saving him has dire consequences. Alexx decides to leave her job as a coroner when she realizes she's spending too much time with the dead. She leaves to spend more time with her family from whom she's grown distant.|
|141||20||"Down to the Wire"||Eagle Egilsson||Sunil Nayar||May 12, 2008||13.92|
|Horatio faces off with a private investigator (Tom Sizemore) who is systematically destroying the team. Calleigh is taken off the case because of her recent kidnapping and so is Eric because of the shooting in season five. The case is a man getting killed after a prank 911 call.|
|142||21||"Going Ballistic"||Sam Hill||Corey Miller||May 19, 2008||16.26|
|A man dies when he falls from a vacant high-rise building. When a new medical examiner, Shannon Higgins arrives at the scene to inspect the body, she is shot in the head and dies almost immediately, triggering a gunfight between the Miami PD and the unseen shooter. The investigation reveals the man was involved in illegal ammunition sales. But the case gets personal when Horatio links the victim to Kyle's stepfather. At the end of the episode, Horatio is mortally shot from an unknown killer. Then the killer himself sends a message to Wolfe: "It's done".|
- "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. October 2, 2007. Retrieved 2009-12-23.
- "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. October 9, 2007. Retrieved 2009-12-23.
- "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. October 16, 2007. Retrieved 2009-12-23.
- "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. October 23, 2007. Retrieved 2009-12-23.
- "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. October 30, 2007. Retrieved 2009-12-23.
- "CBS places first in viewers and adults 25-54; strong second in adults 18-49". The Futon Critic. November 6, 2007. Retrieved 2010-03-23.
- "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. November 13, 2007. Retrieved 2009-12-23.
- "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. November 20, 2007. Retrieved 2009-12-23.
- "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. November 27, 2007. Retrieved 2009-12-23.
- "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. December 4, 2007. Retrieved 2009-12-23.
- "First-Run Programming Carries CBS to its Most Dominating Week of the Season". The Futon Critic. December 18, 2007. Retrieved 2010-03-23.
- "It's a holly jolly week for CBS". The Futon Critic. December 27, 2007. Retrieved 2010-03-23.
- "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. January 23, 2008. Retrieved 2009-12-23.
- "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. April 1, 2008. Retrieved 2009-12-23.
- "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. April 8, 2008. Retrieved 2009-12-23.
- "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. April 29, 2008. Retrieved 2009-12-23.
- "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. May 6, 2008. Retrieved 2009-12-23.
- "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. May 13, 2008. Retrieved 2009-12-23.
- "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. May 20, 2008. Retrieved 2009-12-23.
- Gorman, Bill (28 May 2008). "Top CBS Primetime Shows, May 19–25". Retrieved 2009-12-23.