|Full name||Daniel González Benítez|
|Date of birth||7 April 1987|
|Place of birth||Palma, Spain|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|2007–2008||→ Pontevedra (loan)||33||(1)|
|2008–2009||→ Elche (loan)||29||(1)|
|2009–2014||→ Granada (loan)||122||(18)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10:20, 25 May 2017 (UTC).
Born in Palma, Majorca, Benítez began his career in the youth ranks of RCD Mallorca, but never appeared for the first team officially. In the 2007–08 season he was loaned to Pontevedra CF in Segunda División B, moving to Elche CF in the same predicament in the following campaign, in Segunda División, and being released by the Balearic Islands side afterwards.
In the summer of 2009, Benítez signed for Udinese Calcio in Italy, being immediately transferred to Granada CF with seven other players, after the two clubs' partnership agreement. In his second season he scored a career-best ten goals in 36 games as the Andalusians achieved a second consecutive promotion, returning to La Liga after 35 years; his volatile character led to his receiving 13 yellow cards and two ejections.
Benítez failed to find the net during 2011–12, starting in 26 of his 30 league appearances. On 5 May 2012, after the home game against Real Madrid ended (1–2 home loss), he threw a bottle at referee Carlos Clos Gómez which hit him in the face, eventually being suspended for three months.
Upon his return to action, Benítez struggled heavily with injury problems. On 27 March 2014, it was announced he had failed a doping test in a match against Real Betis held the previous month, in which he was sent off after just 15 minutes on the pitch, cocaine being the illegal substance he had allegedly consumed.
- Le caen 3 partidos a Dani Benitez (Dani Benitez hit with 3-match suspension); Granada CF, 5 January 2011 (in Spanish)
- Dani Benítez, corazón rebelde (Dani Benítez, rebel heart); Marca, 15 June 2011 (in Spanish)
- Real nick fiery clash; ESPN Soccernet, 5 May 2012
- El acta de Clos Gómez del Granada-Real Madrid (Clos Gómez's Granada-Real Madrid match report); Marca, 6 May 2012 (in Spanish)
- Sanción ejemplar a Benítez (Exemplary saction on Benítez); Marca, 7 May 2012 (in Spanish)
- Tres meses de sanción para Dani Benítez (Three-month ban for Dani Benítez); Marca, 9 May 2012 (in Spanish)
- Dani Benítez, baja indefinida en el Granada (Dani Benítez, ruled out indefinitely in Granada); Mundo Deportivo, 6 February 2013 (in Spanish)
- Dani Benítez, el 'Ave Fénix' del Granada CF (Dani Benítez, Granada CF's 'Phoenix'); Vavel, 15 November 2013 (in Spanish)
- Piti wins it for Granada; ESPN FC, 16 February 2014
- Dani Benítez, del Granada, da positivo por cocaína (Granada's Dani Benítez, positive for cocaine); Diario AS, 27 March 2014 (in Spanish)
- Dani Benítez, nuevo futbolista de la A.D. Alcorcón (Dani Benítez, new footballer of A.D. Alcorcón); AD Alcorcón, 9 January 2016 (in Spanish)
- Dani Benítez no continuará en la disciplina de la A.D. Alcorcón (Dani Benítez will not part of A.D. Alcorcón organization anymore); AD Alcorcón, 28 June 2016 (in Spanish)