Daniel J. Kim
|Residence||San Francisco, California, United States|
|Occupation||Director, Airbnb Plus at Airbnb|
|Known for||Founder of Red Mango|
Daniel J. "Dan" Kim is the founder and former Chief Executive Officer of Red Mango, an American frozen yogurt and smoothie chain. Currently, Kim serves as Director, Airbnb Plus at Airbnb. Previously, Kim held the position of Head of Global Sales, Marketing and Delivery for Tesla, and served as Chief of Staff and Chief Marketing Officer for Solera Holdings, a Dallas, Texas-based software and technology company.
Kim was born in Seoul, South Korea, and moved to the U.S. with his parents soon after. He grew up in southern California. After working as an investment banker with Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette and as a financial analyst with Deloitte, he held jobs for a number of startups, including Stamps.com.
In 2007, Kim opened the first Red Mango in Los Angeles, California near UCLA's campus. Red Mango expanded to 100 locations in the next three years. Kim said that his three primary goals with Red Mango were to "get people to try the product, get them to know it’s good for them and give them a great in-store experience."
Awards and recognition
He was also named “Entrepreneur of the Month” for January 2010 by Restaurant Business Magazine.
- Red Mango Celebrates 100th Store with Introduction of Dark Chocolate Frozen Yogurt Nationwide Restaurant News. January 19, 2011.
- "Des Hague of Froozer Welcomes Dan Kim to Froozer Board of Directors". Retrieved 2016-08-12.
- "Red Mango founder Dan Kim to step down". nrn.com. Retrieved 2016-08-12.
- Matousek, Mark. "One of Tesla's senior directors has left the company to work for Airbnb". Business Insider. Retrieved 2019-03-31.
- Ferris, Robert (2018-12-18). "Tesla's senior director of global sales Dan Kim leaves for Airbnb". www.cnbc.com. Retrieved 2019-03-31.
- Mitchell, Russ. "As Tesla struggles to exit 'production hell,' buyers complain of delivery limbo - Los Angeles Times". latimes.com. Retrieved 2018-10-24.
- "Top 100 Most Influential Chief Marketing Officers (CMOs)". RICHTOPIA. 2016-11-02. Retrieved 2016-12-30.
- Dan Kim - Minority Business Leader Awards. Dallas Business Journal. February 10, 2012
- Executive Profile: Daniel J. Kim Bloomberg Businessweek.
- Kang, Jaekwon. Red Mango mogul inspires future entrepreneurs Archived 2011-01-26 at the Wayback Machine Washington Square News. November 21, 2010.
- Frumkin, Paul. Having words with Daniel J. Kim: Chief Executive, President, Red Mango Inc. BNET. June 15, 2009.
- Stewart, Emily. Storefront snack. Forbes. September 1, 2008.
- Amter, Charlie. A game of top this in frozen yogurt wars. The Los Angeles Times. July 17, 2008.
- O’Hara, Kristy J. Bearing Fruit Archived 2009-11-14 at the Wayback Machine Smart Business. November 2009.
- "YEC Member Dan Kim Steps Down From Red Mango to Launch New Digital Marketing Consultancy | YEC // Young Entrepreneur Council". yec.co. Retrieved 2016-08-12.
- Entrepreneur of the Month: Dan Kim Monkey Dish.