|Danielle Colby Chertow|
Colby in 2010
December 3, 1975 |
Davenport, Iowa, U.S.
Antique shop office manager
Clothing boutique owner
Danielle Colby was born in Davenport, Iowa, and brought up as a Jehovah’s Witness. By 2004, she was married and had two children. Colby's television career eventually led to the breakup of her marriage. In May 2012, she told WQAD-TV that "fame and notoriety are not easy for him to deal with at all, so the relationship ended up not working out".
While living with her family in Chicago, she attended a burlesque performance starring comedian Margaret Cho and dancer Satan's Angel. This prompted in her a desire to become a burlesque dancer; and, after she moved back with her family to the Quad Cities area of Iowa, she created the professional burlesque troupe Burlesque Le Moustache, with nine performers, including Colby herself under the stage name Dannie Diesel, touring eastern Iowa and western Illinois. As of October 2014, Colby owned a burlesque academy called Dannie Diesel's Bump 'n' Grind Academy in the Rogers Park neighborhood of Chicago.
American Pickers premiered on History, formerly known as the History Channel, on January 18, 2010. As of September 8, 2010, it was the top rated non-fiction series of 2010 among total viewers and adults 25-54.
- "Danielle Colby Cushman". American Pickers. A&E Television Networks. Archived from the original (website) on August 13, 2011. Retrieved 2012-01-26.
- Schulz, Mike (2010-04-13). "Women's Liberation: Founder Danielle Colby-Cushman Discusses Burlesque Le' Moustache, Performing April 24 at the Capitol Theatre". River Cities' Reader. Davenport, Iowa. Archived from the original on 2012-02-13. Retrieved 2012-01-26.
- Colby, Danielle (2012-05-08). "News 8 Exclusive: American Pickers Star Danielle Colby talks family, fame and burlesque" (Interview: video). Interview with Denise Hnytka. Moline, Illinois: WQAD-TV. Retrieved 2012-05-25. 1m07s to 1m55s.
- "Q&A: Danielle Colby-Cushman of 'American Pickers'". Seattle, Washington. 2010-04-04. Archived from the original on 2010-06-26.
- Lavelle, Ciara (10 May 2012). "American Pickers' Danielle Colby Cushman on Burlesque Dancing, Her Co-Stars' Quirks, and How She Almost Died in Florida". Miami New Times. Retrieved 26 September 2015.
- Chance, Todd (5 January 2014). "American Pickers star Danielle Colby-Cushman talks new show idea, vintage earrings". Mlive. Retrieved 26 September 2015.
- Burke, David (20 October 2014). "Danielle Colby takes a different route in her burlesque career". Quad-City Times. Retrieved 2015-05-31.
- Hawks, Asa (2010-12-06). "PHOTOS American Pickers' Danielle Colby Cushman is burlesque dancer Dannie Diesel". starcasm.net. Macon, Alabama: Chicory Media LLC. Retrieved 2012-05-25.
- Kimberly Clay (February 10, 2010). "American Pickers: History Channel's New Sensation". Retrieved December 2, 2010.
- "HISTORY Posts Blockbuster Ratings on Monday Night with Premiere Episodes of Hit Series 'American Pickers & 'Pawn Stars'". September 8, 2010. Retrieved December 2, 2010.
- "Danielle's botique". Danielle Colby. Archived from the original on 2006-06-19. Retrieved 2014-04-30.
- 'American Pickers' Star To Open Shop in Wicker Park - Wicker Park - DNAinfo.com Chicago