Saved by the Light
Saved by the Light (Villard Books, 1994, Harper Torch 1995 ISBN 0-06-100889-3) is a book by Dannion Brinkley describing his near-death experience (NDE). It is co-authored by Paul Perry. Brinkley was struck by lightning and was clinically dead for approximately twenty-eight minutes, according to the book. Upon reviving, he told a tale of a dark tunnel, a crystal city, and a "cathedral of knowledge" where thirteen angels shared with him over a hundred revelations about the future, some of which he claims have come true. Some of the book's claims were subsequently challenged.
- Rivernburg, Roy (1995-03-24). "Blinded by the Light? : Tales of near-death experiences--from visions of God to meeting Elvis--fascinate millions of us. But as the stories increase, so does the criticism.". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2016-03-25.
- B. G. Burkett and Glenna Whitley, Stolen Valor: How the Vietnam generation was robbed of its heroes and its history, pp. 385–387. Verity Press, 1998. ISBN 0-9667036-0-X.
- Excerpt from on YouTube, June 25, 2008, produced by www.WorldofWonder.net and aired on Britain's Channel 4
- Colford, Paul D. (1994-03-24). "'How We Die' Becomes Surprise Hit". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2016-03-25.
- Kelly, Leslie (1995-01-23). "Incredible Journey Author's near-death experience brings an enlightened view of life". The Spokesman-Review. Retrieved 2016-03-25.
|This article about a biographical or autobiographical book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|