Danny Dunn, Time Traveler
|Preceded by||Danny Dunn and the Heat Ray|
|Followed by||Danny Dunn and the Automatic House|
Danny Dunn, Time Traveler (UK title: Danny Dunn, Time Traveller) is the eighth novel in the Danny Dunn series of juvenile science fiction/adventure books written by Raymond Abrashkin and Jay Williams. The book was first published in 1963.
Professor Bullfinch's experiment with a time travel invention is being secretly observed by Danny, Joe, and Irene. The youngsters are startled by the appearance of a second Joe. During the following confusion, the time travel device transports them all into the past. Aided by Benjamin Franklin, the Professor works to return them to their present. While in the past, the youngsters explore the society of American life under British rule, only to find one of their number in danger of being marooned in the past.
- (Paperback, 1963, illustrated by Owen Kampen)
- (Hardback, 1963, illustrated by Owen Kampen)
MacDonald and Jane's
- (Hardback, 1965, illustrated by Dick Hart)
- (Paperback, 1979, #8 in their series)
- (Paperback, 1983 reissue, illustrated by Owen Kampen)
- "Stories for Boys and Girls, Past and Present". The New York Times. November 10, 1963. Retrieved November 15, 2010.
- "Danny Dunn Time Traveler". Scholastic Press. Retrieved November 15, 2010.
- Williams, Patricia de Belloy (October 6, 1979). "Mini Bookmark". Bangor Daily News. p. 4MP. Retrieved February 4, 2011.
|This article about a children's science fiction novel of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|