|Born||David Franck Charvet
15 May 1972
|Occupation||Actor, singer, model, television personality|
|Spouse(s)||Brooke Burke Charvet (2011–present)|
|Children||2 children; 2 stepchildren|
Charvet was born in Lyon, France to Paul Guez and Christiane Charvet. He caught his big break in 1992 on the American television program Baywatch as Matt Brody. He remained on Baywatch for three full seasons until 1995. He appeared as Craig Field on Melrose Place from 1996–98. Between 1995–99, he appeared in Seduced and Betrayed, Derby, Angel Flight Down, and Meet Prince Charming. He left acting in 1999 to concentrate on his musical career.
In 2006, Charvet returned to acting in a movie directed by Roger Christian called Prisoners of the Sun, which was only completed and released in 2013. He also appeared in the film Green Flash, also known as Beach Kings. In 2009, he took part in ABC's summer reality show The Superstars and came in third with his partner Lisa Leslie. In 2010, he was a contestant in the French reality show La Ferme Célébrités (French version of The Farm). The show was broadcast on TF1.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
After successful runs at Baywatch and Melrose Place in the 1990s, Charvet decided to return to France with a 5-album contract with Universal Music Group France. During a span of seven years, he released three pop rock studio albums with self-titled David Charvet in 1997, Leap of Faith in 2002, and Se laisser quelque chose in 2004. His materials catered to both English and French language listeners for a wider spectrum of audiences.
His debut single "Should I Leave", a bilingual hit in French and English, hit #3 in France and also charted in Belgium and Sweden. His bilingual hit "Jusqu'au bout"/"Leap of Faith" reached #6 in France, followed by the bilingual "Apprendre à aimer"/"Teach Me How to Love" that made it to the French Top 20 and was a hit in Belgium, Switzerland, and the Netherlands. Charvet sold over 2.5 million albums. He toured extensively throughout Europe and Asia, performing for packed arenas, writing music in the process. He collaborated with top songwriters such as Ty Lacy and Steve Power, and recorded duets with Bryan Adams and Seal.
In June 2010, Charvet joined The Blue Seals, a non-profit organization aimed at providing a rapid response to environmental emergencies, focusing on ocean preservation, and is a member of its Board of Directors. It worked on raising awareness of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill, helping French company Ecoceane's ships designed to collect floating waste and hydrocarbons to take part in the cleanup.
Charvet was born in Lyon, France. His father is a Tunisian Jewish businessman, Paul Guez, founder of the Sasson brand of jeans in the 1980s. His mother, Christiane Charvet, is French. He was raised in a Jewish household.
He won a green card through the Morrison visa lottery in the early 1990s. Until recently, Charvet lived in his native France, where he toured (among other parts of Europe) as a singer.
Charvet and Brooke Burke (not to be confused with fellow Baywatch alum Brooke Burns) have two children together. Brooke already had two daughters from her first marriage to plastic surgeon Garth Fisher. David and Brooke officially married on 12 August 2011, with Brooke announcing that she would be taking her husband's last name and be known as Brooke Burke-Charvet.
- TV series
- 1992-1995: Baywatch as Matt Brody
- 1994: Harts of the West as Tad
- 1996-1998: Melrose Place as Craig Field
- 1995: Baywatch: Forbidden Paradise as Matt Brody (video)
- 2009: Green Flash aka Beach Kings as Cameron Day
- TV Films
- 1995: Seduced and Betrayed as Dan Hiller
- 1995: Derby as Cass Sundstrom
- 1996: Angel Flight Down as Brad Brown
- Feature films
- 1999: Meet Prince Charming as Jack Harris
- 2010: The Perfect Teacher (Spanish title: Falsa Inocencia; French title: Une élève trop parfaite) as Jim Wilkes
- 2013: Prisoners of the Sun; French title: La malédiction de la pyramide as Doug Adler
|2002||Leap of Faith||21||43||19||21||98||52|
|2004||Se laisser quelque chose||32||–||58||–||–||–|
|1997||"Should I Leave"||3||12||16||–||–||48||–||David Charvet|
|2002||"Jusqu'au bout" /
"Leap of Faith"
|6||–||17||–||–||–||–||Leap of Faith|
|"Apprendre à aimer" /
"Teach Me How to Love"
|2003||"Take You There"||68||–||–||6*||–||–||–|
|2004||"Je te dédie"||12||–||13||–||–||–||–||Se laisser quelque chose|
|2006||"Sometimes It Rains"||52||–||–||11*||–||–||–|
|2010||"Swim With the Birds"||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||Non-album digital release|
*Did not appear in the official Belgian Ultratop 50 charts, but rather in the bubbling under Ultratip charts.
- Beach Kings DVD cover, twitpic.com; accessed 29 February 2016.
- David Charvet at the Internet Movie Database
- BlueSeals.org; accessed 18 March 2015.
- BlueSeals official website, blueseals.org; accessed 29 February 2016.
- Press Release re Filner, Burke and Charvet, prnewswire.com; accessed 18 March 2015.
- Leaders Magazine Tunisia: "Mais que fait à Tunis, Paul Guez, le Roi du Jean en Amérique?", 4 February 2009
"Première halte à Lyon où il rencontrera son épouse, Christiane Charvet qui lui donnera en 1971 son fils, David Frank, devenu célèbre acteur et chanteur" ("In Lyon he met his wife, Christiane Charvet and in 1971 [sic] they had a son, David Frank, who became a famous actor and singer")
- Seth Lubove. Bloomberg: "Paul Guez, Denim King, Bounces Back From Cocaine, Bankruptcy", bloomberg.com, August 3, 2006.
- Nate Bloom. Interfaith Families.com: "Interfaith Celebrities: Kicking Off Football Season and the Emmy Awards", interfaithfamily.com], 16 September 2008.
- Zuckerman, Blaine (2010). "Brooke Burke & David Charvet: Our Blended Traditions". People. Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- celebrity-babies.com; accessed 18 March 2015.
- "Brooke Burke Is Taking Hubby David Charvet's Name". people. people. Retrieved 19 September 2011.
- Brooke Burke and David Charvet wed, People Magazine; accessed 18 March 2015.
- "David Charvet discography". lescharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- "David Charvet discography". austriancharts.at. Hung Medien. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- "David Charvet discography". ultratop.be/fr/. Hung Medien. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- "David Charvet discography". finnishcharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- "David Charvet discography". dutchcharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- "David Charvet discography". hitparade.ch. Hung Medien. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- "David Charvet discography". ultratop.be/nl. Hung Medien. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- "David Charvet discography". swedishcharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved 2 February 2014.