David Cote (writer)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
David Cote is a member of the New York Drama Critics Circle and the former theater editor and chief drama critic for Time Out New York. He has also written freelance articles for The New York Times, The New York Sun, Opera News and Maxim. He appears regularly on the cable channel NY1 as a theater critic, and is also an essayist and blogger.
He founded and edited a magazine called OFF: A Journal for Alternative Theater (1996–98) and also edited FringeNYC Propaganda (1997–99), the daily newspaper of the New York International Fringe Festival.
Cote wrote the libretto for composer Stefan Weisman's opera Fade, which was commissioned and produced in 2008 by Second Movement Opera. Cote is currently a resident artist at the HERE Arts Center, where he developed an opera with Weisman, based on the short story "The Scarlet Ibis" by James Hurst.
- "Former Time Out Theatre Editor David Cote on the Changing Sphere of Theatre Journalism" by Adam Hetrick, Playbill, May 4, 2017
- Histriomastix, a blog by David Cote
- Critiquing the Critics at Time Out New York
- 10 questions: David Cote, theatreisterritory.com
- "HERE|HARP: The Scarlet Ibis". Retrieved 10 April 2013.
|This article about an American journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|