Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founder||Shri R. Dayananda Sagar|
|Principal||C. P. S. Prakash|
Shavige Malleshwara Hills, 1st Stage, Kumaraswamy Layout,
|Campus||Urban, 28 Acres|
|Affiliations||Visvesvaraya Technological University|
Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering (commonly referred to as DSCE) is a private autonomous engineering college in Bengaluru, Karnataka. It is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi.
DSCE is located in Bangalore, Karnataka. It is a sector of Dayananda Sagar Institutions. The institute is named after its founder, Shri R Dayananda Sagar, best known for his role in setting up the Mahatma Gandhi Vidhya Peetha Education Trust in 1960, Sagar also played an important role in the education sector of emerging India. It is an autonomous institute affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University. DSCE has been securing maximum marks under Visvesvaraya Technological University for five years, continuing the trend of securing 54 university ranks, highest by any college in Karnataka. In 2015, the college was granted autonomy. It is an ISO 9001:2008 certified institute, approved by AICTE and the University Grants Commission, and accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council. It is ranked as one of the top engineering colleges in Karnataka. It is run by the Mahatma Gandhi Vidya Peetha Trust. The trust manages 28 institutions in the name of Dayananda Sagar Institutions and multi-speciality hospitals in the name of Sagar Hospitals The institute offers a wide choice of engineering branches, with 15 undergraduate and 13 postgraduate courses. Engineering branches are accredited by the National Board of Accreditation. The institute has received a National Mission Project from the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research. It has 21 research centres in different branches of engineering which are recognised by Visvesvaraya Technological University..
Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering offers 160 undergraduate programs leading to 4/5 year bachelor's degrees, 16 post graduate programs leading to 2/3 year master's degrees and 21 research centers offering a 2/5 year M.Sc.(Eng.)/Ph.D. degrees. The academic degrees are awarded by Visvesvaraya Technological University.
The students of DSI are involved in extra-curricular activities and student collegiate clubs. These include:
- The SAE International club is one of the largest student clubs by membership in India
- The student chapter of Institution of Engineering and Technology at the campus was established 20 March 2012. The chapter hosted the Regional event of IET-PATW and then South Asia level PATW.[further explanation needed]
- Sports: A football field, tennis court, basketball, squash court, gymnasium, aerobics hall and volleyball court are in the campus, apart from other facilities for indoor and outdoor games
- Premachandra Sagar Centre for Performing Arts is an auditorium
- QuestDSCE, the official collegiate quiz club, conducts scores of inter-college quizzes
Research facilities and industry interaction
Research forms one of the main thrust of Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering. It has a biochemical engineering laboratory with activities funded by the All India Council Technical Education, Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology, and the National Aviation Fuel Board. It has tie-ups with German Research Center and research centers in Europe. Research projects from have been granted to departments in the school. Students are encouraged to publish research articles in national and international forums. Research internships are made available to students in institutes like IIT and ISI. Many departments have been declared as centers of excellence by Visvesvaraya Technological University in recognition of the research contributions.
|University and college rankings|
|Engineering – India|
- "HISTORY". dayanandasagar.edu.
- "Chairman Message". dayanandasagar.edu.
- "Principal Message". dayanandasagar.edu. Retrieved 12 January 2017.
- "History". dayanandasagar.edu. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 8 June 2012. Retrieved 12 December 2012.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "SAE India". Archived from the original on 5 November 2012. Retrieved 12 December 2012.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2020 (Engineering)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 11 June 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering.|