Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founder||R. Dayananda Sagar|
|Chairman||D. Hemachandra Sagar|
|Principal||C. P. S. Prakash|
|Location||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|Affiliations||Visvesvaraya Technological University|
Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering (DSCE) is an engineering college located in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. It was established in 1979 by R. Dayananda Sagar and is run by the Mahatma Gandhi Vidya Peeta Trust. The institute offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes, and is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU).
Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering offers 160 undergraduate programs leading to 4/5 year bachelor's degree, 16 post graduate programs leading to 2/3 year master's degree and 21 Research Centers offering 2/5 year MSc(Engg)/PhD degree. The Academic degrees are awarded by Visvesvaraya Technological University.
The students of DSI are involved in extra-curricular activities and student collegiate clubs. These include:
- SAE-DSCE: The SAE club in DSCE, is one of the largest student clubs by membership in India.
- IET-DSI: The student chapter of Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) at the campus was established on 20 March 2012. The chapter hosted the Regional event of IET-PATW and then South Asia level PATW.[further explanation needed]
- Sports: A football field, tennis court, basketball, squash court, gymnasium, aerobics hall and volleyball court are in the campus, apart from other facilities for indoor and outdoor games.
- Premachandra Sagar Centre for Performing Arts is an auditorium
- QuestDSCE, the official collegiate quiz club, conducts scores of inter-college quizzes.
Research facilities and industry interaction
Research forms one of the main thrust of Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering. It has a Biochemical Engineering Laboratory with activities funded by All India Council Technical Education (AICTE), Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology (KSCST), and National Aviation Fuel Board (NAFB). It has tie-ups with German Research Center and research centers in Europe. Research projects from DST, AICTE, DBT and DRDO have been granted to departments of DSCE. Students are encouraged to publish research articles in national and international forums. Research internships are made available to students in institutes like IIT and ISI. Many departments have been declared as centers of excellence by VTU in recognition of the research contributions.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering.|